• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got'em Hatin'

AMR

Smash Rookie
What's with all of the Wolf hate I've been seeing here and where I play?

Apparently Wolf is just a character you can sit and camp with slow *** lazers and then flick then C-Stick for the win.

Wolf is my main over Pikachu (Because I was getting too much hate for thunder... one of his only kill moves) and everything was fine up until I actually got somewhat good with him.

I'm not claiming I'm the best or even close to it, but every time I win it seems like it's just because I play wolf. It's not like the people I'm playing against are garbage either so it's not like I'm winning every time.

Stop all the wolf hate, you DO need skill to play him. Lets look back at Melee to set the example?

Look at Marth (Hell look at marth in brawl, every attack has a tip. Not to mention he can still edge guard the same way with jumping off the edge. All his ariels are kill moves, ect, ect.) in my opinion one of the best players in the game. But just because you picked him didn't mean you could win. Same with Sheik (but maybe not in brawl).

Wolf is a beast! Literally! Shine/D-air combos beat camping with lazers any day. Get in their face and claw their eyes out, it's only a campy game if you make it one.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm n00b or just complaining a lot, but yea I'm pissed. Wolf players Unite! All of the others are just mad because they can't beat you or find a better way to approach you. I hope wolf wins every tournament in brawl. I guess the only real way to show that you are good is if you have people hating on who and how you play.

Oh, and I have a question as well. Is there any way I can make wolf's recovery a little better? I get gimped a lot because of it. Like on Lylat Cruise (I will ban it every chance I get) I try to go for the edge and I just kinda fall... Not to mention that after you us his UP-B you can't really DI afterwards, you just kinda fall straight down. I've fixed this by playing a little safer, but I still get caught sometimes. Yea I know about his forward B through the stage thing (I love it as a kill move), but sometimes You just can't reach that edge. A little help?

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and I have a question as well. Is there any way I can make wolf's recovery a little better? I get gimped a lot because of it
stage scarring and ledge cancelling will help. Go find the advanced wolf tech vid its got som egood recovery stuff for you.

1337z0r

Smash Cadet
use his side b for horizontal recovery, just practice when you need to use it.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is yes a hated char. in the game but as long as you show you have skill with him you will get the respect you deserve especially when your exceeding wolfs (limited skill areas) The breaking point where it becomes tough to get any better. It is true wolf could be played different ways such as just spam laser and smash but people sometimes forget the skillful ways to play him which is what makes him a hated char. but like i said before if you show you have the skill you will get respect.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I only read the first four or so sentences because I didn't feel it necessary for me to read the rest of your post.

I just wanted to throw in my two cents as well. It seems whenever I win with Wolf or Olimar (ESPECIALLY Olimar) everyone is like, "Omg, it takes no skill to play him."

Very frustrating.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
There will always be 2 ways to play a char. a skilled way that has to do with using all moves to the best of there potential and then the cheap no skilled way that anyone could do and win. Now this has nothing to do with you Kashakunaki i dont want you to get the idea that im talking to you. But because people find the cheap way of playing wolf effective they assume its ok and thats what gets people saying "OMG, it takes no skill to play him" Unfortunatly with Wolf a good amount of the people who use him just smash attack which is why it gets people mad.

Top Bottom