• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

got some matches up from saturday, tell me what you think

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Okies, my friends put together a smashfest on saturday and we got some matches recorded. I ended up only getting the tape from the TV that held mostly friendlies >_>, but I found some vids of my backup characters, and I'd appreciate any comments on how I could improve them. These are of Jiggs, Zelda, and hopefully I can get some IC vids up later too.

Jiggs:

vs. Falcon

vs. Samus cool finishing combo at the end of this one.

Zelda:

vs. Samus

vs. Luigi almost choked, lol

IC:

-No vids up yet-

any help?

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Okies, my friends put together a smashfest on saturday and we got some matches recorded. I ended up only getting the tape from the TV that held mostly friendlies >_>, but I found some vids of my backup characters, and I'd appreciate any comments on how I could improve them. These are of Jiggs, Zelda, and hopefully I can get some IC vids up later too.

Who used Jiggs? I don't recall seeing one on Saturday.

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie
I liked your Zelda. The only big problem I see with it was that you pretty much only utilized four moves enough to be mentioned: fair, bair, dash attack, and grab. All the other moves were pretty much thrown in on random occassions but not used to their full potential. I know Zelda doesn't really have a lot going for her, so the amount you hit with that foot surprised me. Try to be more spontaneous with her and use your full artillery to keep people guessing. Not much works better to your advantage than the fear of the foot in the back of your opponent's mind, while you keep you plan to execute it rather disguised. You played both uptempo and slow at times, was that intentional? Also, against Luigi at the end, your "choke" was pretty much lack of action. Why did you just sit there waiting when he showed side+b? Sure, misfires are a scary thing, understandable that you'd shield. But, you could've maybe waveshielded into better position so you could punish him for that crap, lol. Your Zelda is okay though.

Also: That jiggs combo at the end vs. Samus seemed like dumb luck to me, just dumb luck. Looked nice though.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh if you are in north jersey you should coem to the biweeklies you guys are pretty good, and the biweeklies are in north jersey and my crew would crew battle you guys. xD

Top Bottom