• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got Bodied again... smh lol

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
Hey folks, had the rematch against my classmate today thinking i was ready after practicing with a level 9 and 7 sonic last night for 8 hours (with breaks) but STILL got bodied smh my play-style is aggressive but too predictable, i was nervous about losing and etc. I am not a super salty player because losing doesn't really bother me like it used to lol but i NEED to beat him. I forgot to record the match footage but i will when i play him again tomorrow i will attach the match footage. need ti[ps on becoming a better defensive falcon player, thanks!

DonOwens

Smash Cadet
Make sure you're not approaching him unless he's vulnerable. I'm sure you are approaching poorly which happens commonly under stress. You need to let him come to you, and react to his actions instead of the other way around. Next time you play make sure you are forcing him to come to you and throw out attacks, then see how his play style differs when you play without approaching.

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
Against sonic, throw out a lot of standing jabs. Don't run around all over the place, only dash if you are going for a grab.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hey folks, had the rematch against my classmate today thinking i was ready after practicing with a level 9 and 7 sonic last night for 8 hours (with breaks) but STILL got bodied smh my play-style is aggressive but too predictable, i was nervous about losing and etc. I am not a super salty player because losing doesn't really bother me like it used to lol but i NEED to beat him. I forgot to record the match footage but i will when i play him again tomorrow i will attach the match footage. need ti[ps on becoming a better defensive falcon player, thanks!
Sonic isn't a fun character to fight. Still, I would recommend a few things. Don't play against CPUs. Even though they're better than CPUs in previous games, they're not going to adapt like a human player. You're better off playing against your classmate or someone else you can play in person. If not, play on For Glory. Don't worry about losing. That's not to say don't try or don't care about winning. Do try to win.

Nervousness will come and go, but when your nervousness goes away, you'll perform better. I'd say find time to play against this classmate. Play him as often as you can. You'll pick up what he does and improve. Whether you win or lose, you'll always leave with experience. And good for you on trying to get videos. Watch those, see what you did right and what you did wrong. See what your classmate did right and wrong. Then find ways to get around his strategies. Have fun.

AbandonSSB

Smash Rookie
d throw f air

Top Bottom