• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goomba Moveset Idea

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
Disclaimer before I start: I absolutely do not believe that Goomba has the slightest chance of getting in. I'm just doing this for fun. I'm also trash at the game so I'm not really taking balance into account. That said, enjoy!

Finally, after over 30 years of getting burned, stomped on, frozen, and plenty of other things, Goomba now takes to the battlefield!

Height: About the same as Kirby
Weight: A little more than Sheik
Ground speed: A little more than Olimar (Goombas are slow creatures)
Air speed: About the same as Diddy (Personally, he prefers the ground)
Fall speed: About the same as Villager

So far, it looks like Goomba has some crap stats. Not only is he slow (especially in the air), but he's also floaty, making him an easy target for juggling. However, he makes up for it in fast attacks that do a LOT of damage (after all, Goombas have been known to be able to kill Mario just by touching him)

Jab: A single headbutt. A good "get away from me," move. Think if the "Noggin!" that the little turtles do in Finding Nemo had the power of Ganondorf's jab.

Forward tilt: A kick that can be angled. Think Mario, Samus, Captain Falcon, etc. Can combo into itself like Sheik's

Down tilt: He flattens as if he's dying, but the wind from him flattening both pushes opponents away and damages them for little damage. His on both sides.

Up tilt: Does a little hop. ^_^ Also combos into itself like Mario's, if the opponent is it with the bottom of his head. Has a sweetspot at the top of his head that kills at relatively low percents.

Dash attack: Does a little dive like the Shy Guys from Smash Run. Good for getting your opponent in the air.

Forward smash: Pulls out a baseball bat from the Slugger games with his telekinetic powers and swings it at the opponent. Deflects projectiles. Pretty much identical to Ness's.

Up smash: Swings his head back. Like a reverse version of Mario's.

Down smash: Spins around with his feet extended. Like Kirby's or Peach's.

Neutral air: Spins around like a drill, hitting opponents.

Forward air: Kicks both feet out and spins. Like Diddy's, but is multihit.

Back air: A backwards kick, like Dedede from Brawl or Bandana Dee from SSF2.

Up air: Turns upsidedown and kicks. Like Sheik's from Melee.

Down air: does a front flip (in the z axis) and hits his opponents with his head.

Grab: He grabs with his mouth.

Pummel: Bites down.

All throws are just directional throws with his face.

Finally for the specials!

Neutral special: Headbonk. This move, from the Paper Mario games, has Goomba do a little flip and ram enemies with his head from above. In Smash, it would work sort of like Bouncing Fish, but it would only attack if there's an enemy in range (like Sonic's homing attack). If the player presses B or A right before impact, the move will hit twice. Second hit is a meteor.

Forward special: Charge. If there's one thing Goombas like to do, it's head straight into battle. Just tapping B will make him charge at you slowly, but as you hold it, he winds up and starts running in place like he did in the SSE and Smash Run. Can turn around if you miss.

Up special: Paragoomba. Goomba sprouts wings and flies upwards. Like Duck Hunt.

Down special: This is the most complicated part of his moveset. In the air, it's Goomba Shoe. He gets in a Goomba Shoe and slams downward, like a Bowser/Yoshi Bomb. On the ground, he will do the same if you hold B. However, if you just tap it, he uses Meander. If there's one thing Goombas like more than running head on into battle, it's wandering around like you have no idea what's going on. With this move he wanders from side to side with shifty eyes and a constant hitbox on his entire body. This move has low damage, knockback, and priority, however, so he can be hit and grabbed out of it pretty easily. Can be jump cancelled.

So wait, it sounds like a crappy move, right? Why would anyone ever use it, aside from it being almost like a glorified taunt? Well, that's a good question. If you use it for more than five seconds...

Goomba will use Wing Sprout! With this move Goomba grows wings, and four things change.

1. He gets a new forward air where he does a front-flip-axe-kick that meteors (Think Sonic from Project M).

2. His air speed is now on par with Jigglypuff's to make up for his abysmal air mobility.

3. He gains 4 more jumps, vastly improving his recovery.

4. He gains Peach's hover ability, allowing for a multitude of new combos.

Seems pretty op now, right? Well...

1. If he uses his up B, his wings fall of.

2. If he is footstooled or hit from above, his wings fall off.

3. If he takes 35% damage or more after sprouting wings, they fall off.

And, finally, his final smash is Giant Goomba. He turns into a giant Goomba with super armor and a hitbox on his feet when he walks. All of his attacks are crazy powerful now.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think about my moveset. I tried to come up with something complicated for a mushroom with feet, and I think I succeeded!

Last edited:

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
My ideas for taunts:
Side taunt: breifly puts on a blue hat (as a reference to paper mario)
Up taunt: faces directly at the camera and snarls/grunts (maybe, if you want to get fancy, if you do a smash taunt, Bowser will give you some stern advice. If bowser is in the match, Kamek does it)
Down taunt: flips onto his head, doing a headstand (as a reference to mario world)

Last edited:

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
My ideas for taunts:
Side taunt: breifly puts on a blue hat (as a reference to paper mario)
Up taunt: faces directly at the camera and snarls/grunts (maybe, if you want to get fancy, if you do a smash taunt, Bowser will give you some stern advice. If bowser is in the match, Kamek does it)
Down taunt: flips onto his head, doing a headstand (as a reference to mario world)
Those are some good ideas. I really like the side taunt.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Victory animations:
1. Jumps up and down a few times
2. Flies around the screen using his up-special wings, then stops and poses, still in the air.
3. (And this is my favorite) does a headspin like a breakdancer ^_^

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I once imagined a Goomba being in Smash. Remember that psychokinetic Goomba from the baseball games that could hold a bat even though he clearly has no hands? He was who I imagined. Here's a little taste:

Neutral special: Home Run - Goomba hits a baseball with his bat. The ball then becomes a projectile that curves upwards before falling until it either hits something or crosses the blast zone. Similar to WFT's Header, though with some differences.

Side special: Headbonk - Goomba leaps forward headfirst. If no one is nearby, he will simply plop to the ground. If he hits someone, however, he will knock them slightly upwards, allowing them to be Headbonked again if B is pressed at the right time. Can be used as an unorthodox recovery move.

Down special:
: Charge. If there's one thing Goombas like to do, it's head straight into battle. Just tapping B will make him charge at you slowly, but as you hold it, he winds up and starts running in place like he did in the SSE and Smash Run. Can turn around if you miss.
This is perfect. No need to change anything.

Up special: Goomba's Shoe - Goomba suddenly spawns a big green boot and takes a great leap diagonally upwards. At the apex of the jump, he will, predictably, fall. Anybody unfortunate enough to be under Goomba when he is falling will be spiked. The shoe will last until Goomba touches the ground. It has a 1/10 chance of being a stiletto instead of a boot, though this is purely aesthetic.

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
I once imagined a Goomba being in Smash. Remember that psychokinetic Goomba from the baseball games that could hold a bat even though he clearly has no hands? He was who I imagined. Here's a little taste:

Neutral special: Home Run - Goomba hits a baseball with his bat. The ball then becomes a projectile that curves upwards before falling until it either hits something or crosses the blast zone. Similar to WFT's Header, though with some differences.

Side special: Headbonk - Goomba leaps forward headfirst. If no one is nearby, he will simply plop to the ground. If he hits someone, however, he will knock them slightly upwards, allowing them to be Headbonked again if B is pressed at the right time. Can be used as an unorthodox recovery move.

Down special:

This is perfect. No need to change anything.

Up special: Goomba's Shoe - Goomba suddenly spawns a big green boot and takes a great leap diagonally upwards. At the apex of the jump, he will, predictably, fall. Anybody unfortunate enough to be under Goomba when he is falling will be spiked. The shoe will last until Goomba touches the ground. It has a 1/10 chance of being a stiletto instead of a boot, though this is purely aesthetic.
I like it

Top Bottom