• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gooey 4 Brawl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I disided that they need gooey in brawl. He's a very good character. Sort of like kirby. What do you smashers think about putting this clueless little fellow in brawl?:lick:

hectichobo

Smash Ace
=( There arent enough kirby characters!!! =(
Gooey is so cool...
Better choice than Sonic...
HE could be a kirby clone...
I hate you all...
I'm God...
What i say goes...

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Never heard of him.

If you're gonna suggest a character, at least go into a lot of details about who they are. A couple of one liners ain't gonna cut it around here.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
How can the people so engrossed with Smash not even be aware of characters from classic Nintendo games? I mean, that is what it is all about. Gooey has been around for ages. He was - essentially - Kirby;s sidekick in one of the games.

Also, if you've played Smash, he was a trophy.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
hectichobo said:
=( There arent enough kirby characters!!! =(
King Dedede for Brawl!!!
hectichobo said:
Gooey is so cool...
mmhhh... i'll keep a comment for myself
hectichobo said:
Better choice than Sonic...
HELL NO!!!
hectichobo said:
HE could be a kirby clone...
that's a problem
hectichobo said:
I hate you all...
I dont even know u
hectichobo said:
I'm God...
no, you're not
hectichobo said:
What i say goes...
LOL

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Never heard of him.

If you're gonna suggest a character, at least go into a lot of details about who they are. A couple of one liners ain't gonna cut it around here.
I remember you somehow... I think i told you i hated you... Oh well... Anyways Gooey is a classic Kirby character from Kirby's Dreamland 2. Yoiu got to be him on 2 player... Hes in my signature 5 times... And he's purple, clueless, and his toung is longer than kiss's lead singer's.
You obiously don't have his trophy on ssbm... i have 107 of his trophy... I have all of the trophys... 99 of them all... (through an action replay) But i got them all 1st...

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I hate you the most...
Not a very good idea to hate people like that......... though the decision is completely up to you

I've never heard of gooey either but i rarely played any games that involved kirby for the classic systems

hectichobo

Smash Ace
How can the people so engrossed with Smash not even be aware of characters from classic Nintendo games? I mean, that is what it is all about. Gooey has been around for ages. He was - essentially - Kirby;s sidekick in one of the games.

Are you with me or against me?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman

Speaking for myself only...

Just because I'm engrossed with Smash doesn't automatic mean I'm gonna know every single character from classic Nintendo games. There were many of them I never heard of before many people started suggesting them. Heck, I was barely aware of who many of the characters were in Melee when I started playing that. I was basically only aware of Mario (including Yoshi and DK), Kirby (himself), and Pokémon characters when I first played.

And not quite speaking only for myself...

Just because someone may be expected to know who a character is doesn't mean they still shouldn't go into details about who they are, which is what this topic failed to do. I also don't remember every single trophy I got in the game, Gooey being one of them.

I remember you somehow... I think i told you i hated you... Oh well... Anyways Gooey is a classic Kirby character from Kirby's Dreamland 2. Yoiu got to be him on 2 player... Hes in my signature 5 times... And he's purple, clueless, and his toung is longer than kiss's lead singer's.
You obiously don't have his trophy on ssbm... i have 107 of his trophy... I have all of the trophys... 99 of them all... (through an action replay) But i got them all 1st...
I don't remember being told you hate me. So, explain then, you hate me because of what, not agreeing with what you said? Why should I be worried about some random person hating me over the Internet for such pity reasons? I don't remember or care if I do have his trophy, but that still doesn't take away from my original point.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
gooey is the best, i could see him fighting similar to the blob in the clayfighter series. he would be change into fists, feet, forks, etc... and i think theres already a thread on this

Taws

Smash Rookie
Gooey was a Kirby character that sprung into life around the same time all of Kirby's animal friends started appearing. Rick the Hamster, most notably, since a great deal of people mistake him for Hamtaro :ohwell:
That was the gimmick for Kirby during his SNES days before Kirby Superstar: riding on the backs of fire breathing hamsters. It sounds so much cooler than it was, I assure you.
Gooey's backstory was that he was an errant piece of "dark matter," a cliche' evil foce which was invading dreamland. For whatever inexplicable reason, Gooey was an okay chap. Although, in a way, he was the anti-kirby. He was innocent, unassuming, and sickeningly adorable like Kirby, but unlike his counterpart... he was a brainless eating machine. His eyes are often going in two different directions, and his claim to fame was mostly getting Kirby into troublesome hijinks because of his stupidity/voracious appetite. That is, when there was any indication of plot development whatsoever.
As you can see illustrated here, Gooey used his long tongue to yank in prey and consume it. His reach was longer that Kirby's mouth vacuum, but Kirby games don't exactly make it difficult to eat enemies-- so it hardly made a difference. Gooey's ability to float was never explained. He just bounced through the air, tongue lolling. The same is said for his ability to copy powers exactly like Kirby.

Personally, I don't think Gooey would be a bad choice for Brawl. Certainly there is the option for Kirby cloning, since that is what he is and always has been, but someone also suggested that he could have clayfighteresque moves. That too, would fit.
Gooey deserves a spot as much as any other Kirby character, aside from the big three coolest characters: Meta-Knight, King DeDeDe and the pink creampuff himself. I do not think that he has a chance outside of an assist trophy, however... if even that. It seems unlikely that there will be many more Kirby characters since we've already got the Meta-Knight and we're possibly leaning towards King DeDeDe as a third fighter from Dreamland. That's the general consensus of speculation as far as I can tell, anyway.

Hectichobo seems so... bullied :( It makes me want to take his side, despite the fact that no one has really tore into him in any way. I don't think he meant to insult anyone, he was just so disappointed that so few people shared his idea, and it wasn't a bad one considering some of the CRAZILY non-combative/nonsensical game characters some people have suggested! That said, don't knock the Gooey. He was cool in his day, especially if you're one of the cultured individuals who played through most of the old Kirby titles.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Gooey was a health replenish in KD2 for the GameBoy. He wasn't playable, and was only seen if you were already riding the animal that you were supposed to encounter. He was p2 in KD3 (SNES), where his role was minor at best. That's it. The only two games he's been in. Gooey isn't even AT material. And none of this "You hate Kirby" nonsense. I've beaten every platforming Kirby game--KD, KD2, and KSS more than once due to some lovely cartridge erases. Gooey was just a filler so that co-op would be plausible for KD3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom