• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goodbye SSB64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
bye bye...

you were good... good times.

1. it's getting boring
2. the community really sucks
3. i don't see the point to continue trying to get better at a game that is 9 years old.
4. BARWLZ !

i resign from ssb64 and kaillera... i might be on to chat or play some mario kart but that's it.

time for some barwlz. x]

im still gonna be on SmashBoards.. and i'm entering the ssbb scene with the name Near and Virus =3

i have a good feeling this thread is gonna get locked by a mod... oh well

Peek~

Smash Lord
No need for this thread.

Good luck in brawl , you are gonna need it
because brawl takes lots of skill to learn

Skrlx

Smash Champion
No need for this thread.

Good luck in brawl , you are gonna need it
because brawl takes lots of skill to learn
LOL! i already know the normal stuffz.. i just wanna get up there with the old melee pros that are in brawl now

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
LAWLZ, why Ban metaknight? he's just an N64 Kirby, once you start knowing how to get arround him is not a big deal... You're just lacking l33t hax0r BEEF!Games! which lead people to quit Smush 64 liek Dairzzzzzzz.

If there's really an overpowered character right now, that would be the Ice Climbers with those infinite chain grabs, just 1 grab on Metacrap and he's pretty much dead unless you screw up, now that's some god tier material there. Seriously i rather play against 100 Metaknight than those little Ice hax0rs.

Dair, u cen't quit 64 until you plaeh BEEF!Man! 24/7 and learn what BEEF! tastes liek!

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
1. it's getting boring
3. i don't see the point to continue trying to get better at a game that is 9 years old.
4. BARWLZ !

l
1. it's getting boring
That's true, but it doesn't when you play 2 to 5 times a week.

That is true and untrue in the mean time. 70% of the community sucks.

slap the round sausage on the table and let me line it with mustard

4. BARWLZ !

a good feeling

Skrlx

Smash Champion
LAWLZ, why Ban metaknight? he's just an N64 Kirby, once you start knowing how to get arround him is not a big deal... You're just lacking l33t hax0r BEEF!Games! which lead people to quit Smush 64 liek Dairzzzzzzz.

If there's really an overpowered character right now, that would be the Ice Climbers with those infinite chain grabs, just 1 grab on Metacrap and he's pretty much dead unless you screw up, now that's some god tier material there. Seriously i rather play against 100 Metaknight than those little Ice hax0rs.

Dair, u cen't quit 64 until you plaeh BEEF!Man! 24/7 and learn what BEEF! tastes liek!

LOL... =p
haha iceclimbers.. i saw their infinite grab to spike move. TOO MUCH BEEF!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
really bad idea LOL! At the very least you should change to another great game like Pro Evolution Soccer, NOT ****ty brawl xP

Xelgand

Smash Apprentice
wtf comparing PES with Smash???

well if you're planning to get serious in these games Brawl is the only choice now.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Just because Smash-64 is older doesn't make it a worse game. I don't see the point of trying to get skills on a game that does not requires them.
I never said it was a worse game... im good at ssb64 better than you
i just said i don't see the point trying to get better at this game when i'm not gonna get anything out of it.. at least a little cash in brawl

MattNF

Smash Lord
I never said it was a worse game... im good at ssb64 better than you
i just said i don't see the point trying to get better at this game when i'm not gonna get anything out of it.. at least a little cash in brawl
So you only play smash for money? You're not a true smasher.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm quitting ssb64 too. I dont have time to play anymore, and my controller just broke. Probably because I threw it at the wall when it wasnt working properly but meh that thing was almost 4 years old, I abused it heavily.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
my controller just broke.
That's no excuse, controllers of many kinds are cheap, and can be bought in lots of places.

I dont have time to play anymore
This however is a legitimate thing.

Well then smash64 abandoners... have a good one... too bad I never got to play you all...
Geez I got into this game too late.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I got into it one year too late, too bad I didn't have parental permission to play it then. =/

I did lol at Virus' reasons for leaving, but hey, to each his own.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well technically I broke my controller. It just wasn't listening to me so I threw it at the wall, which really broke it. Which pissed me off so I slammed it into the floor which made it get exploded.

I didn't behave very maturely.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well technically I broke my controller. It just wasn't listening to me so I threw it at the wall, which really broke it. Which pissed me off so I slammed it into the floor which made it get exploded.

I didn't behave very maturely.
yes you did...you analized the problem (controller wouldnt listen) you tryed to punish it accordingly...it still didnt listen, so you hit it with the hammer of justice

Skrlx

Smash Champion
So you only play smash for money? You're not a true smasher.
i do play smash because i like it =p
i like ssb64,melee and brawl

but im gonna enter the brawl scene because
1. i don't wanna screw up like melee and not get into the competitive scene.. i got in melee too late
2. moneyz =p
3. BARWLZ L33T NO WAVEASH L-CANCEL haxx.

:laugh:

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
i do play smash because i like it =p
i like ssb64,melee and brawl

but im gonna enter the brawl scene because
1. i don't wanna screw up like melee and not get into the competitive scene.. i got in melee too late
2. moneyz =p
3. BARWLZ L33T NO WAVEASH L-CANCEL haxx.

:laugh:

And what happens when you can't DI halfway across hyrule:ohwell:
No more superDI for you? methinks you will fail at brawl. /naysay
Sorry dude I'm in a bad mood.

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is really fun multiplayer. For me anyway ;_;

Well I still have my SSB camping in my N64 in my basement. I play is occasionally, I wipe the floor with my friends, but im still just casual.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
And what happens when you can't DI halfway across hyrule:ohwell:
No more superDI for you? methinks you will fail at brawl. /naysay
Sorry dude I'm in a bad mood.
LOL i c wht u did thurr.

1. your "DI halfway across hyrule" isn't true ask around.
2. i don't fail at brawl.. i dont think crushing people who have played brawl since day 1 and i only place once or twice a month counts as failing in brawl =3
3. its okay =[

it's RAINING! O:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Wow. I just quit ssb64 for melee and because I actually have a social life now.

Your reasons are just hilarious (Other then your community reason. It really has gone downhill.)

Quitting ssb64 for a game that takes no time to learn is stupid. Just last month, I played brawl for 1 day for the first time in around 4 months and I got 3rd at a tournament that day. I'm sure if I played brawl for a couple more days to get the physics down again, I could have probably won.

As for melee... It's just better then brawl in every way except for the fact that Wolf isn't in it ;_;

P.S. Play brawl+ if you're going to play brawl at all. It's at least a little better >_>

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Quitting ssb64 for a game that takes no time to learn is stupid. Just last month, I played brawl for 1 day for the first time in around 4 months and I got 3rd at a tournament that day. I'm sure if I played brawl for a couple more days to get the physics down again, I could have probably won.
It must go without saying that those people probably suck at Brawl then.
Not downplaying you, because you're obviously good to pull that off versus people who actually play the game regularly, but still...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I play all three smash games. It is pointless to give up one for the other. You can play all 3, the only reason not to play another smash game is that you completely dislike the game.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I have to agree with Surri, wouldn't 64 mean more social life since you don't have to be going out to tournaments and such [I know console > online, but bear with me. :p]? You can just play in your home.

Unless, of course, your social life plays Melee, in which case, awesome. Everyone around here is Brawl Brawl Brawl anyways, so I can't play it, and I have no money for tournaments anyways. :p

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It must go without saying that those people probably suck at Brawl then.
Not downplaying you, because you're obviously good to pull that off versus people who actually play the game regularly, but still...
I'm not saying they were pros or anything but they were still quite decent.

i dunno about this....Social life means you should play melee? O_o

dats lies...

unless your new found social life plays melee..do they!??

lol your lucky if they do...mine dont...
I don't play melee that much even if I play smash. But when I do, I'm usually teaching like 3-4 of my friends the advance techs, DI, Basics, etc.

So yeah, a lot of my friends are getting into melee :)

I have to agree with Surri, wouldn't 64 mean more social life since you don't have to be going out to tournaments and such [I know console > online, but bear with me. :p]? You can just play in your home.

Unless, of course, your social life plays Melee, in which case, awesome. Everyone around here is Brawl Brawl Brawl anyways, so I can't play it, and I have no money for tournaments anyways. :p
Having about 5 friends that play melee is way better then having 200 or so *******s here in the ssb64 community XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom