• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good ways to deal with a platform camping Peach

Saullix

Smash Rookie
For some reason, this is really bothering me, but my usual practice partner will often just wait on platforms and downsmash when appropriate when he is using peach. What is the best way to deal with that, and is there a good way to deal with that coming from the ground?

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Assuming you're a falcon main based on your profile, I'd say that you want to use falcon's speed to bait out his down-smash. It's a pretty long and laggy move if he misses, so then you're free to punish.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Yeah, if he's on a side platform, and you jump next to the platform, and he dsmashes like a weiner, you can dj nair, dair, knee to punish. The window between her dsmash hitbox ending and the time she can act is pretty decent.

But really, if peach is on the platform, you can just wait her out. She can't do anything to you. Every peach wants you to scrub out and jump into dsmash. Makes them win easier.

The most she could probably do is pull turnips and pray for something good, but I'm pretty sure you can react to the animation with an uair.

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
If they're on a side platform, you can always just claim the other one and try and approach from the top platform with stomp or dropzone knee. Usually they will try to challenge you, so keep that in mind and bait accordingly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom