• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good ways/tips to use WFT outside Sun Salutation and Header

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
I feel like the best ways of pressuring with WFT is Sun Salutation charging and Header. However, I don't want to heavily rely on this (especially since I don't like projectile spamming and those 2 moves barely have to do with actual yoga) but I feel like they are easily the best things about WFTs kit.

That said, I want to be (and very likely will be) proven wrong.

Outside those two moves here is what I generally (try) to do or other notes:
-Down Smash seems to be her one smash move that's actually ok to somewhat use consistently. Up Smash has crap range and Side Smash is really punishable and only usable every so once in a while as a read.

-Although her throw range isn't the greatest it's the best way to get people in the air, to follow up with Up Air or Forward Air.

-Ftilt can be used for punishing rolls and potentially KOing at high %.

-D tilt can occasionally be used against smaller characters that can't be hit by Ftilt

-I'm not sure how often to use Deep Breathing. Kinda often but with spacing it out or just when the opponent is around KO %?

-Jab Combos can be used for punishing and setting up for a follow up tilt or aeria and is one of the few things she can do when opponent is close besides ftilt/dtilt/grab.

Do I have the basic gist of how to use WFT? Any other tips people can provide? Thanks.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Honestly, she might turn out to be one of the best campers in the game. The combination of Sun Salutation + Deep Breathing + run away speed almost requires the opponent to always be approaching. I tend to dislike characters without huge fairs/ftilts, which makes it hard to approach without them, but I've found a fully charged Sun Salutation to be the answer to that problem.

I basically never choose her against short characters though. They duck under everything. I think that's an impossible battle for her.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Outside those two moves here is what I generally (try) to do or other notes:
-Down Smash seems to be her one smash move that's actually ok to somewhat use consistently. Up Smash has crap range and Side Smash is really punishable and only usable every so once in a while as a read.

-Although her throw range isn't the greatest it's the best way to get people in the air, to follow up with Up Air or Forward Air.
isn't WFT hands invincible during Usmash? to me the only time to Usmash (any of the smashes really) are on reads because they have that start up time, but Dsmash feels a little less risky because its done in a crouching position.

i hate grab, it feels like people can get away from WFT grab range by just figiting lol

Kith

Smash Ace
Honestly, she might turn out to be one of the best campers in the game. The combination of Sun Salutation + Deep Breathing + run away speed almost requires the opponent to always be approaching. I tend to dislike characters without huge fairs/ftilts, which makes it hard to approach without them, but I've found a fully charged Sun Salutation to be the answer to that problem.

I basically never choose her against short characters though. They duck under everything. I think that's an impossible battle for her.
This, especially the bit about camping.

Top Bottom