• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good ways of chainlocking

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Just wondering are there any strategies that people use to chainlock opponents. For me i shorthop over the enemy use the chain and hope they get sweetspotted to where i can lock them.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I only try it on certain characters recoveries.

Say Ike does it too close to the stage. Get to the very edge, throw out your chain, and by the time he lands you should have him in a lock.

Or if it's a slow character without decent projectiles, I face them, hold the chain away from them, and just sit there. When they come up to hit me, I swing it forwards and try to lock.

Otherwise, a shorthop should eliminate some of the start up lag.

Can't think of any other ways to do this. I wish there was so I didn't get punished so often.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
if you run in and your oponent expects a dash attack/ftilt etc. and automaticaly shields, you can pull your chain out and abuse him... if you have fully charged needles that your oponent is worried about you can chain instead, the throwing/chain release animation looks similar, thus you can abuse a shield again

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
T. Webb, is it possible to have all your new thread topics put into one big thread instead of a lot of tiny ones? -___- sorry it's just bothering me

Top Bottom