• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Teammate for Zelda?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Just wondering what the forum's input on what a good teammate for Zelda would be. Off the top of my head, Double Zelda's would probably be a great team, because double lightning kick and a max of 6 Din's Fires on a stage like Final Destination, Dreamland, or Lylat would be absolutely ridiculous at zoning people. Zelda/Sheik would also probably be a good mathcup for the same reason that Peach/Sheik is good in Melee; one can focus on zoning while the other can focus on being aggressive, and both can combo with each other well.

Thoughts?

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Zelda works well with darn near anyone. She plays most rolls very well in doubles. My personal favorite is with Toon Link or other small, fast characters like Fox. I think she gets the most benefit out of someone who can apply heavy pressure or zone well to force the opponents into position for Lightning Kicks. I am not a fan of double Zelda personally, but other people are. I just think that they get hurt by characters who can rush in and go heavy aggro like Fox or Sonic. Zelda/Link is nice, but takes some serious synchro to reach its potential. Link follows up his own combo starters (boomerang mostly) very well, but Zelda can actually carry the combo even better.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Yeah, I can see TL/Link and Zelda being a good combination. Although I think that Zelda Squared would still kind of trump it, just for the fact that on a favorable map (like the ones I talked about in the original post), the other Zelda can come and punish attempts at attacking the other Zelda, if the other Zelda is incompetent enough to handle it. And then on a smaller map, like Yoshi's Island (Brawl), or Warioware, one of the Zelda's could go Sheik and really mess things up, whereas a TL/Link and Zelda might be a little clustered on a smaller map.

Hit

Smash Rookie
I feel like Zelda in Doubles attacks your partner a lot. Din's Fire explosion, N-air, and Nayru's love really takes a toll on your partner. My partner plays Lucario and because Lucario is more melee, I decided to go with Sheik. Needle damage goes through opponents and hitting my partner (in this situation) helps a lot so his aura could increase.
I just think that they get hurt by characters who can rush in and go heavy aggro like Fox or Sonic. .
Reason I went with Sheik while my partner goes with Lucario.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I feel like Zelda in Doubles attacks your partner a lot. Din's Fire explosion, N-air, and Nayru's love really takes a toll on your partner.
You just can't use Din's the way you normally do. You use them more as support than the typical mines. Throwing a Din's to your partner across the stage to keep him from being combo'd...one offstage to help them recover...it's just different. As far as Nayru's and n-air hitting your partner, that's only if you're extremely reckless. It's the same for any character. You could use the same logic to say, "Don't use Lightning Kicks, because you might kill your partner!" While this is very true, you just have to play more carefully in doubles. It doesn't matter who you are or what move you're using. You just have to space better in Doubles.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I haven't really kept track of who I play with in doubles as Zelda, but something to be said is that you just can't be as aggressive as you normally would, or throw out high-level Din's and expect it to be okay haha. I've definitely screwed over my partner a lot of times like that. Zelda can be used as a support character, and you can use Din's to set up or continue combos, just make sure your partner is cognizant of them.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
I've already made a huge post on this topic at:

http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-in-teams.352340/

As far as prefered teaming partners, double Zelda is hilarious but not the most practical, just like any team that consists of the same character. Shiek is an interesting teammate for Zelda because we can capitalize off of her forward tilt/down throw setups with more beefy hits, while she has the speed to aggressively pressure opponents while we camp. She can combo off Din's quicker than Zelda, and has a safer offstage edge guard game while we have more solid on stage moves. Fox is fun to team with because of how overwhelming he can be. Being caught between shffled double bairs and nair shine pressure is a nightmare.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Thanks, man! That thread is actually super helpful. Definetly will be checking it out more in-depthly.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
As far as prefered teaming partners, double Zelda is hilarious but not the most practical, just like any team that consists of the same character.
That's true in most cases, but double Link is a very solid team. Since Link zones so well with his boomerang, the two of them can zone out the entire stage. It's scary. Just watch E2xD/Pitzer

Top Bottom