• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stages for Yoshi

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday I was playing around on Yoshi's Story and Battlefield and found a couple of things that I think make them good stages for Yoshi. I'll edit this list as I find other things.

Yoshi's Story:
- Egg roll will reach the lower platforms off of a short hop, and the high platform off of a jump
- Egg toss has full stage coverage from below lower platforms
- Forward wavelanding onto the stage propels you farther than diagonal wavelanding because of the slope on either side
- The three platforms are great for wavelanding around the stage/to juke (not sure exactly what the movement is called)
- The side platforms are low enough to dj-waveland onto them from the ledge

Battlefield:
- Easier to waveland around (in my opinion)
- Easier to go from ledge-dj-waveland to side platforms

Are there other stages that help Yoshi out like this?

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly for just the whole mobility factor, but I find Fountain of Dreams to be a great stage for Yoshi.

Nicely spaced platforms especially when they move closer to the ground of the stage allow for easy combos and tilts. Can also pretty easily Waveland on them if needed.

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly for just the whole mobility factor, but I find Fountain of Dreams to be a great stage for Yoshi.

Nicely spaced platforms especially when they move closer to the ground of the stage allow for easy combos and tilts. Can also pretty easily Waveland on them if needed.
I agree, Fountain of Dreams is my favourite stage to play on as Yoshi. djc nair from a low platform feels awesome, and the stage is a comfortable size for me. Plus you can crouch under the side platforms when they're low and be just under it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom