• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Stages For Lucas

PGP

Smash Cadet
NNID
samwich42
3DS FC
3093-7123-8190
Title explains it all, this is just a thread for discussing which stages benefit Lucas in Super Smash Bros. Wii U (and perhaps 3DS if you do feel so inclined).

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I really like Halberd for the low ceiling, up-tilt and up-throw kill very reliably there.
I guess up-smash as well, but that kills early on pretty much every stage. :p

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
It may be just a personal preference, but I like stages with platforms such as battlefield and dreamland. The platforms allow lucas to land easier, and also to continue strings much longer than he would on a stage like FD.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of smashville, town & city, lylat, or delfino because none of these stages have walls on the sides, meaning you won't be able to double PKT to recover. This may not seem like a big deal, but double PKT is useful as a good mixup for recovery sometimes.

n0b0dy

Smash Rookie
Town and City is probably one of Lucas' better stages because of the smaller blastzones at the top and on the sides, so back throw and up throw can kill earlier. Also, Lucas can land/recover to the stage a bit easier since there are platforms around that you can jump on to.

Halberd is also a great stage for Lucas because of the extremely small blastzones, but that can also work against Lucas if you're playing against characters that also have very high vertical kill power like Fox or Zero Suit Samus.

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
these are my early guesses: (no particular order)

Good:
-SV
-FD
-BF
-CS
-Delfino
-Halberd

OK:
-T&C
-DH
-Kongo64

Bad:
-Lylat

EclipseSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHeroOfHylia
3DS FC
5043-3010-8901
Halberd can indeed be a double-edged sword but overall I think it is much better for Lucas than it harms him (unless you are like n0b0dy said playing against someone that kills early vertically). TnC seems really good as well, and so does Delfino, actually. I am kind of on the fence concerning Dream Land. Seeing as I don't have the stage I can not confirm this (and thus I am slightly talking out of my ass) but does U-Smash hit the top platform?

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
Not seeing why majority of people seem to think t&c is a great map. Dont get me wrong, its not terrible i just think theres better options.

Its got a low ceiling which.. is good, since 3 of our kill options do kill off the top. Its a perk is all i mean to say as long as the opponent doesn't benefit from it more but it doesn't make or brake a stage.

The platforms however hinder more than help us i believe. If they're not trying to drag you into a blast zone there just usually not set up in a way to particularly help;

-in one transition they can aid an opponent when were trying to gimp - which is a huge deal since thats kinda lucas's deal having most of his kill options rely on pretty hard reads.

- another transition they're just too high. I hear the "helps us recover from high" but i disagree. If we reach this platform safely were still in some danger. On the other end its not very advantageous if the opponent is here and were below either. Lucas benefits from platforms that he can maybe extend a combo out of, sneak an usmash, use to zone ect.

Top Bottom