• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stages for Ike?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
flat stages for QD against people who cant use projectiles. Green hill is ifty since you can QD across it but its not flat and its a small stage. Stages that dont move are good too since Ike is slow and would take more time moving with the stage. Also stages with platforms are really advantages to Ike because of his Up smash.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
DO NOT USE NORFAIR!

Save for Skyworld this is the worst stage for Ike since QD is useless. Skyword is annoying because half the time eather recovery destroys the platforms so you can't grab them

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Shadow Moses Island = The Best Place

Why? Tis simple, it takes advantage of Ike's strongest moves, and covers for some of his weaknesses.

1. The walls - They can cause you to combo your strong moves together if your opponent misses the tech. And even if they do, often times, you big knock back attacks still send them straight up the wall with momentum. They keep your enemy close, allowing you to win with your superior hand to hand melee combat. And heck, if you don't like them, Ike smashes them VERY fast.

2. The Platforms - These things are perfectly set for Ike. The two parallel ones near the bottom are U-Smash and U-tilt worthy, and aren't safe havens for your opponent. They DO however, let you get away from projectile spam. The top platform is JUST the right height to use Aether, hit them with the majority of the move, and safely go back down to the bottom of the stage. It makes going to the top risky for you opponent and not a smart move in the least.

3. The Size - Its a tight level, thus you keep the pressure on, and the battle difficult to your opponent.

All in all, I think its the best Counterpick Stage.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
the bridge of eldin is a place where ike will win
flat stages where you can relay on aether to recover

ike-brawler567

Smash Cadet
Holy fucking **** roy, stop making so many useless threads you ****ing troll, seriously GTFO
Holy crap, miller! get the hell off the freakin boards! you are acting so **** ********! just shut the hell up,get off the boards and get in to **** anger management. i dont kno if you are joking, but its still so **** ********. get a **** life,******.

aquteen

Smash Ace
Any flat stage, platforms help against spamers and you can abuse u-tilt and up smash. I really like battlefield and other nuetral stages. Stay away from stages with bad edges that can gimp Ike but more importantly skyworld.

DuB 22

Smash Cadet
1. Shadow Moses - Pick it whenever you can. The two pillars allow for some epic f-air combos full of epicness. I've seen Kirk, in a couple of his videos, chain 4-5 f-airs off the walls alone. ***New?*** I don't know if this has been stated or not but from the base of SMI, if you Aether your opponent will land on the top bridge, and you will return to the bottom, saving yourself of being punished during post lag frames.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
DO NOT USE NORFAIR!
Personally, I rather like it for Ike. QD is not terribly useful, but you don't need it anyway. The small size makes it difficult for opponents to escape your range and the staggered platforming makes it impossible for projectile users to camp.

Of course, Norfair is a balls stage in the first place so who really cares?

royinator

Smash Cadet
i like battefield and shadow moses, for all reasons stated above.
skyworld also sucks b/c after you break the platforms the QD only goes to the edge of a remaining platform...

Foxy

Smash Master
...stop missing all of his good stages. Also, Smoses is in no way ever going to be tournament legal, it's got everything a ban needs: walk off edges and walls to infinite on.

Good stages for Ike have edges with slopes so that Aether doesn't get gimped. FD and Battlefield are two popular stages that both cause suicides from Ike quite frequently, and for this reason I think that Smashville is his best neutral stage, along with possibly Yoshi's Story (which I haven't played much).

Stages with fall-through floors (Delfino and Halberd) are a weakness for Ike because Aether-hogging and ledge-hopping both are either ineffective or usually result in a self-destruct.

Platforms are a bonus for Ike. Bairs are hard to land against grounded opponents, so platforms help him hit more of those. The range on his fair and his usmash also really benefit from platforms. His uair even can be easy to land SHFF'd or full-jumped depending on platform height (notably the two heights on BF).

Another bonus to platforms is that it limits range spammers or campers. Ike is EXTREMELY vulnerable to projectile camping and has a very, very hard time on stages like FD and Eldin against campy players. The platform on Smashville, Yoshi's Story, and Halberd and the three on Battlefield and Delfino all help those matchups a lot for Ike.

To make a long story short, out of the most popular stages, here's how Ike fares on them:

Great - Smashville and Yoshi's Story
Decent - Battlefield, Delfino, and Halberd
Bad - Final Destination

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ike is really good at Onette it seems. The middle part of the stage gives him a lot of room to chain with the walls. Not to mention Ike's reach and power means he can hang out on a lot of loweer levels than his opponents and easily reach them with utilt or a quick usmash via cstick. Not to mention the boundaries of this stage are small so it makes those hits even more potent.

I find Halbert also to be a good stage for Ike.

Top Bottom