• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Seconds to complement Dedede

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
We're all here because we want to use D3, but we all know he has a few less than good matchups. What sort of other characters complement The King?

For example, D3 has problems with Sheik and Toon Link. What character would cover those weaknesses while providing unique strengths Dedede doesn't have?

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
I would think that a character with low starting and ending lag, like Wii Fit Trainer. Whenever I have trouble with a character while playing as DDD, I switch to Trainer.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Dedede and Meta Knight complement each other very well, and they're both from the same series. +10 for the coolness factor.

A Rogue Cop

Smash Cadet
I find Wario to be a great secondary because he's very good against projectile users and has an exceptional punish game, two things that Dedede has some trouble with. Another reason he's helpful is because many of the two characters' features are similar, namely good aerials and fantastic recovery, meaning you don't have to completely change your mindset. Heck, if you go as far as to use Wario's inhaling chomp custom their standard specials are practically the same move.

Top Bottom