• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good secondary for Rosalina & Luma?

NamelessCrow

Smash Rookie
So clearly as a Ness main my main issue is Rosalina players. With the matchup being 90/10 in Rosa's favor it's just not even a battle worth fighting or trying to fight.
Which character do you believe would be the best to combat Rosa? What character do you guys use?
Besides Ness I play Roy, Pikachu, and Villager a lot if that helps.
Any information at all would be great! Thanks in advance!

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
90:10? Where did you pull that from?

Anyway, you already play Pikachu, so stick with him. Watch the games between ESAM vs. Dabuz at CEO to get a better idea of how to play the matchup.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Don't listen to everything ESAM says, the matchup is like 70-30. Of the characters you already use, Pikachu does very well against Rosalina. Otherwise, you could consider characters like MK, ZSS, Dark Pit and Falcon. I'm not sure who really "beats" Rosie, though, these characters just do well against her.

NamelessCrow

Smash Rookie
90:10? Where did you pull that from?

Anyway, you already play Pikachu, so stick with him. Watch the games between ESAM vs. Dabuz at CEO to get a better idea of how to play the matchup.
Just based off of the zoning ability Rosa has and the fact that she can absorb your recovery with down-b. Don't get me wrong, if you're quick enough, Ness can get her for a lot of damage really quickly. But Ness already has a mediocre recovery imo, and the fact that she pretty much stops it in it's tracks doesn't help him at all.

But anyway, thanks for the suggestion, it's much appreciated!

Last edited:

NamelessCrow

Smash Rookie
Don't listen to everything ESAM says, the matchup is like 70-30. Of the characters you already use, Pikachu does very well against Rosalina. Otherwise, you could consider characters like MK, ZSS, Dark Pit and Falcon. I'm not sure who really "beats" Rosie, though, these characters just do well against her.
Thanks for the input, dude! Pikachu seems to be the choice I should go with so I'm gonna listen to both of you guys and do that. But I will keep in mind ZSS and Falcon as I enjoy playing them at times too, just in case if I wanted to main them hahaa. MK and Dark Pit aren't really for me though idk. But again, thanks for reading!

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah I'll repeat that Pikachu's does have a good matchup against Rosa, and it's useful because you already play pika.

Marth, Zss, and Wario are also other characters that beat Rosa, or at least go even with her. Other choices to consider. But Pika is a good choice.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Totally use pikachu! He's a really good character with good kill set ups and amazing combos.
Also I think your choice of title is a little bit misleading, "Good Secondary for Rosalina and Luma" sort of sounds like your asking for a secondary to cover Rosalina's bad MU's. A better title would have been, "Secondary that can combat Rosalina and Luma."
Its not that big of a deal but for future reference make extra sure everyone understands the title. :)
(Unless its just me that messed it up which in that case disregard the title change)

Good luck in the future man. :)

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The title is really misleading. But if you want some Rosalina matchup tips, juggle her and gimp her. She has no landing options that are safe unless she does lunar landing, which is hard doing from a great height and with pressure, and her recovery is trash. She always has to recover low because it can't snap the ledge easily, and it has no hitbox, you can Nair her out of it or throw a projectile at her. If she does Gravitational Pull she risks coming back and you can punish it.

Top Bottom