• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Riddance Manacloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillindude829

Smash Master
So I guess after such a long, illustrious Melee career, Ken and Manacloud decided to go out in style: with thousands of dollars from Smashers.

In case you haven't heard yet, OC3 was the biggest scam since V Games, and I think the name "Zero Challenge" ended up being fitting since $0 was roughly what 280 players who paid at least $75 each were playing for.

In case you haven't seen:

I'd just like to point out that on page 101 of this thread Mana himself said for one day 25$

For those who were there sunday, thank you for helping by donating the 50 dollars Mana charged Nezumi to spectate

I think everyone knows the situation, and Rickety as witness, we offered 25$ and he refused to accept that saying "we can't bend the rules for anyone"....

I just want to know what she did to deserve being treated like how she was

All that aside, good job everyone
Summary: Manacloud said it would be $25 for one-day spectators, and then charged a one-day spectator $50

Plairnkk's Oc3 Breakdown!

Hi guys!!!!! How are you all doing? I bet really well if your name is Ken or Manacloud.

Who wants to get together and break down the Oc3 prize pot? Oh, I do, I do!!

So here we go. There were 280 entrants in Oc3. The entry fee was $75 if you registered online, $100 on the door. But hey, I'll be nice. I'm just going to assume everyone only paid $75.

280 participants x $75 = $21,000.

Okay so that's a solid $21,000 in the pot.

Now i'm going to be nice and not add in any money gained from selling Tshirts or from spectator passes or donations, even though I know they gained money that way. So let's just try to break down this $21,000.

Event Payouts:

Singles
First place: Pc Chris: $1200
Second place: M2K: $600
Third place:Chu: $300

Singles payout: $2100

Teams
First place: King+Isai: $1200 - 600 a piece
Second place: Ken+Bombsoldier: $600 - 300 a piece
Third place: SS+Tang: $300 - 150 a piece

Teams payout: $2100

Total event payout: $4200

Recap: $4200/$21,000

Venue:

So I must say, there is no way in hell that venue cost $6k for 3 days. That's a blatant lie. But hey, let's pretend it does. (Note, the *pound* 2 venue cost $900 for 2 days)

Recap: $10200/$21,000

Food:

Food for two days at *pound* 2 costed me $500, so i'll just go out on a limb and say 3 days worth of food for this tournament cost $2k.

Recap: $12,200/$21,000

Bombsoldier and Disc plane tickets:

After asking plenty of sources, an average ticket from US to Japan usually costs $1000. So lets be fair, and place the prices at $1,500 for each tickets.

Bombsoldier+Disc tickets (which we really shouldn't be paying for anyway) : $3000

Recap: $15,200/$21,000

Okay so...

I've grossly overpriced everything here, and there still seems to somehow, be $5800 missing. Hmmm, Manacloud, Ken, any input here? You guys should post some documented proof as to where the money went just so myself, the rest of the smash community, and more more importantly, those who won the prizes can see why exactly at the biggest smash tournament ever they got such poor prizes.
Summary: After overestimating every single cost to Ken and Mana, there is still close to $6000 unaccounted for.

InfernoOmni said:
InfernoOmni (18:58): good job friend
InfernoOmni (18:58): here's your prize: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0c3CMf6KcgM
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:07): -_-
InfernoOmni (19:08): "I FOUND THE HENTAI!"
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:08): i didnt watch
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:08): i didnt even get my prize money -_-
InfernoOmni (19:09): ...? you're kidding
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): manacloud didnt give it to me
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): and my plane was about to be late anyway
InfernoOmni (19:10): wtf, okay so
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): i only got 200 of it
InfernoOmni (19:10): and when did he say he'd send the rest?
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): that was the worst tournament ive ever been to
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): i dont know he didnt say anything
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): everyone else got theirs in hand
InfernoOmni (19:11): you talk to anyone else about this
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:11): no 1 can done thing about it
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:11): do any
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:11): so i dunno w/e
InfernoOmni (19:12): wtf, yea they can
InfernoOmni (19:13): how much did he keep from you
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:13): well first got 1200
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:13): 2nd 650
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:13): so 450
InfernoOmni (19:14): wow
InfernoOmni (19:14): low prize moneys
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:15): ya
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:15): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....postcount=2491
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:15): its a big scam
InfernoOmni (19:19): wow
Summary: Mew2King, after getting 2nd in the biggest Smash tournament ever, paying hundreds for flights and paying $75 for entrance fee was given only $200 in prizes.

I've been saying this since I first saw Manacloud on these boards: He's an *******, a liar, and one of the greediest people I've ever known. This is just outright evidence of it.

And now for an ironic quote:
manacloud1 said:
Most of us are smashers not thieves.
I guess you find yourself in the latter group, Mana***.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
It's pretty hard to argue against all of this.

Especially when the top placers agree.

So, Mana, where are you?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There is already an account of this in the results thread, there doesn't need to be one here. I would also like to point out that 280 was probably an incorrect tally for the number of people at the tournament, considering that many of the pools ended up having 2-3 no shows. While I wasn't there, I would estimate that their tally was closer to 200 people, meaning several thousands dollars less than what everyone is estimating.

That being said, if we could get full tally's and recounts of where the money went I'm sure a lot of people would be happy, this just isn't the place to do it.

As a side note, the Kishes have always said they would account for every penny if someone asked. I've seen the excel file myself. Hopefully Ken and Mana will hold themselves to the same regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom