• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good punishment for Jiggs' missed rest

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
I was experimenting with some things, and I've found that direct hit boomerang to dair is a fantastic punishment at low and medium percents. It both does 37% and also has the possibility of killing Jiggs off the top. Give it a try, I enjoy it.:psycho:

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Direct hit boomerang to dair? There's hardly any notable lag at all. Since it's direct hit, the throw and the catch are instantaneous in the time they occur. Haven't you ever done a simple combo like projectile->nair?

tobg

Smash Cadet
i think that might do too much knockback to allow for the hit to land, and the explosion could make things a bit messy. i would try it out right now but i already packed up my wii for something i have tomorrow :p

Jash

Smash Lord
Oh yea, comboing jiggs is pretty easy. Hit her with alot of Projectiles, Cheap Nairs, and Bairs and then you would know when its time to finish her off.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Hey if Jiggs misses a rest and then you taunt with Ylink do you finish your milk before jigg's wakes up? (without cheating with a bomb)

Because chugging milk right in someone's face is a pretty good way to punish them.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Throw a bomb up, dsmash Jiggs into the bomb, dair/fair.
Takes too long to think about though. Usually I just dsmash or dair, depending on the stage/percent.

Chip.

you know what to do
Throw a bomb up, dsmash Jiggs into the bomb, dair/fair.
Takes too long to think about though. Usually I just dsmash or dair, depending on the stage/percent.
Young Link's d-smash sends enemies horizontally like 99% of the time, not verticle into a bomb.

Magus420

Smash Master
A boomerang doesn't lead into anything if they know how to DI well. They can either stay grounded and shield/attack immediately at low % or at med-high damage tech-roll away. Same thing with bombs only they don't become techable until around 100 or so. Also, a fully charged d-smash is techable until like 250-300% or some other stupidly high damage.

Top Bottom