• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Players You Played Online In FFA

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiousity (if your able to remember) who has been a person that was able to play on par on you, at least were decent. Me well when me and my friend are bored we just try to have our one on one if we get our chance to meet.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I dont quite get it (the topic question, since it says online in FFA) but I'll try:
I haven't had any REALLY good FFA matches (no items, everybody's pretty good, no one person wins 100% of the time)
However, on TB I've gotten that twice. and it was actually pretty awesome. the same 4 people we played for like, 1-2 hours. Everyone was pretty equally matched, and they were actually very good fights. No items, very very very limited lag, people who actually know what they're doing... I wish all WiFi fights were like those ones I had. :p

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The topic is a bit confusing. what do you mean when you and your friend try to meet? Why don't you exchange friend codes?

In basic brawl I run into a good player every once in a while. Usually Game&Watch for some reason.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I'll just go with the title on what this thread is trying to imply.

I did face some decent players on FFA, but they are rare for me. I mostly face tenuous players online. Anyway, once I faced this bodacious Lucario on Wi-Fi. Me and him were about equally matched, except I was just a nitch better. The best opponent I have ever faced on FFA was this Pit. He's soo good! I just couldn't beat him with all his inevitable combos and moves. He never taunted, but I would like this guy on my friend roster or face him again someday. The chances of that are vacillating because all the matches I've had after that I have never faced someone so good...

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I'm usually taunting with them. Sometimes I realize that they are good and try to not look like a taunter so I can fight them. But then I pick a hax stage and start taunt spamming with them since they are.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Very rare theres a FFA match were everyone is good or is equal in skill
Those are the best matches though
Most of matches will have at least two good players and the others arent so good
And they try to keep up with everyone else, which is entertaining

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
There are a few taunters that are pro and a few others that are good. And i cant complain because I would crouch/dodge move and the majority of the time practice on the stage(hyrule temple)of to the side during a full taunt matc.If some one wants to get better I will happily oblige. However I spend most of the my time offline to train against lvl 9 random in training (no I dont copy the computer) Also the computer in my opinion is more of a sandbag as well and the example of the average to good person in brawl so I test my main's techniques and develop more to use against my friends when they call for me to come online.

DeadDisco

Smash Cadet
One time one wifi I had joined a group and played with them. The only thing was...no one was attacking each other. They would attack during sudden death. o_o I quite enjoyed it. All the sudden deaths battle lasted at least 40 secs.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Interesting when I'm online usually online (not alot anymore) its happened because either one person wants to kill the opposing competition swift and easy through minipulation. However I usually dispose of people like them quickly or the people attacking the fellow taunters then I would commit suicide because first I care about winning online expecially against playing anyone online and second I dont play hard at all alot (competition reason) and finally its nice to have fun without trying to win sudden death plus its a cheap way to win in my opinion.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Ah with link i just run off the ledge of the bottom of the temple and hold the anolog stick of the wii remote/nunchuck as it increase faster falling so I die quicker than someone just arial down A. But if im snake I down smash than taunt thats when they realize I'm trying to kill myself. The funny thing is I was the first person to do it because like I said I want my fellow taunters to win not me even if I deserve (which is almost every match) its to bad I'm caught up with improving my main and basketball.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Ah with link i just run off the ledge of the bottom of the temple and hold the anolog stick of the wii remote/nunchuck as it increase faster falling so I die quicker than someone just arial down A. But if im snake I down smash than taunt thats when they realize I'm trying to kill myself. The funny thing is I was the first person to do it because like I said I want my fellow taunters to win not me even if I deserve (which is almost every match) its to bad I'm caught up with improving my main and basketball.
Yea, I like to give free points to fellow taunters too if there is a person being teamed and I am bored.

Today I was waiting in FFA with anyone but all the people that I've faced in with anyone today are not very good. It is rare for me when I face good players on FFA with anyone.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I see what your talking about as well, I havent faced really anyone at good level. Out of all the matches I've had I would have to say that the good matches were the one on ones with other taunters to practice while the others taunt .I remember one day each and every round there was a taunter that wanted to fight me to get better and soon later another joined in. The amusing yet interesting way for someone to fight me a round was the first person to try and attack me. For me to make things fair was that If I kill them or If they kill me we usually have to kill ourselves to balance the score to make it 0 so we can have a sudden death and basically kill ourselves. (thats when alot do follow the leader because If I kill myself than they do it.).

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I see what your talking about as well, I havent faced really anyone at good level. Out of all the matches I've had I would have to say that the good matches were the one on ones with other taunters to practice while the others taunt .I remember one day each and every round there was a taunter that wanted to fight me to get better and soon later another joined in. The amusing yet interesting way for someone to fight me a round was the first person to try and attack me. For me to make things fair was that If I kill them or If they kill me we usually have to kill ourselves to balance the score to make it 0 so we can have a sudden death and basically kill ourselves. (thats when alot do follow the leader because If I kill myself than they do it.).
So the best players you've faced are taunters? Maybe that explains why I never really face any very good players(except this Pit) because the people that I taunt with could be the super good players or something. I never fought them because I only taunt with them and they only taunt with me. Oh, and that part that you said you kill yourself, I do that alot with taunt parties, I don't care for winning while in taunt parties. Sometimes others follow.

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
Same here. Taunt parties are the only things I ever play in FFA. I think everyone just wants to have fun and not be very serious. This is good because I think you should just have a little fun instead of always wanting to be serious. If you want a real match, Friend codes are the best way to go. :)

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I'll just go with the title on what this thread is trying to imply.

I did face some decent players on FFA, but they are rare for me. I mostly face tenuous players online. Anyway, once I faced this bodacious Lucario on Wi-Fi. Me and him were about equally matched, except I was just a nitch better. The best opponent I have ever faced on FFA was this Pit. He's soo good! I just couldn't beat him with all his inevitable combos and moves. He never taunted, but I would like this guy on my friend roster or face him again someday. The chances of that are vacillating because all the matches I've had after that I have never faced someone so good...
Lol, you said "bodacious"

Before Smash Boards and stuff I fought some really
good Zero Suit Samuses, and for a while, everyone was really good,
and I got interested in their skill and for once I got better in free-for-alls.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
I've had a couple of good matches that I felt were something of a challenge, but eventually I notice their weaknesses and they don't perform well after I start to counter them. It also helps that I main MK, too. But I'll also pick Lucario, Pit and Zelda at times.

I saw this one decent player who played more than one character. But his pikachu was pretty pro at spamming thunderbolt. I mean he'd be sneaky about it. He'd do the thing where you'd be on a platform above him and he'd down b and nail you out of nowhere. He'd do it while you were chasing an item or fighting someone else, so your focus wouldn't be on him and he'd catch you off guard. He didn't miss either, and since you never saw it coming you wouldn't even try to dodge.

But his melee game was weak, and once you realized that he was just gonna down b you while hiding below it became very easy to predict and move out of the way. I think he started to get flustered when I started to avoid his moves, and he offered little resistance when I confronted him in close combat.

There were other "okay" players. But I haven't met someone so pro that he left me in awe or anything. If anything I'll be happy to find one other decent player in the match that I can have some fun with.

Top Bottom