• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Pit Strategies

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
Pit is my main and I have learned a few decent strategies that I have gotten to get very good at.

One thing to remember with Pit is that his Mirror Shield is very useful with super scopes and ray guns. They both are easy to dodge with Pit (or anyone really) but why dodge it when your Mirror Shield has the potential to KO an opponent with their own attack.

When you see a charged super scope, show your mirror shield. The charged super scope person will jump so that the charged shot goes above you. You show your shield as a trick though. Right when you see them backing off, short jump and mirror shield mid air. With the short jump you will hit the shot and most likely get your opponent, unless he was far enough away and a decent enough player to dodge your counter.

Angel Ring is a good move to get back on course without damage, but its a faster reflector than mirror shield if you see a quick item coming at you. If you are a good player you will dodge it with both, depending on how fast your reflexes are on the move you want to make.

Angel Ring is ultimate in team battles to rack up quick damage, but dont spam the attack. Do it once, or twice, but dont over do it and get predictable. Angel ring and have your teammate (olimar is my teammate in tournaments usually) Side smash the opponent into your angel ring. Come out of the attack with a short jump down a and then do some quick aerials and you'll come out of it strong and if they get far enough way from you, slam two arrows or so at them to through them off, don't necessarily matter if they dodge it or not.

This game is a big mind game at some points. Taunt when it gets intense or when you are inable to be touched, and it will definately through someone off if they were in the zone, but don't get too cocky. Getting too cocky will leave to stupid suicides by not concentrating completely. You are just trying to throw them off. Let him try to attack you if you are good at dodging and just focus on dodging everything they throw at you. This, to me, is the biggest throw off. That will make the opponent (human opponents, of course) start just throwing out attacks. They will start playing wildy. This is when you can start attacking. Shield slide back and forth a few times landing light attacks and throw in a few ledge grab attacks.

Pit's glide attacks are ultimate in turning a match around. If for some reason your are sent flying, press x to jump once and again to glide. Glide controlling is easy, and you can attack when you are doing one. Down A is good one, but you hit with an easy aerial no matter what it is.

More strategies to come.....

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
I thought 'e was going to mention using the Mirror Shield's shine (from now on, referred to as 'mirror shine') to reflect opponents' B-ups.

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
That works to but you dont want to overuse it either, so use it some and dodge it for quick aerials and attacks after... that's what i do and I am good with pit

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
First you grab a tent, get some wood, and start a fire. Then you begin camping if you lose you should quit playing smash since you are utterly horrible at this game and should pick up Mario Party since its more your pace.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
How would that be funny
hmm just incase you actually don't know why your thread seems like a joke thread,

its because what you posted is complete and utter common knowledge to the people on this board (its a competitive board). Its like going up to your friends who know how to play the game and saying, "Did you know you could pause the game with start?"

Also no competitive uses items, and thats why the thing about ray guns and superscopes was funny.

lol and taunting has no purpose in competitive gameplay, sure it can piss a person off, but a real competitive player couldn't care less. And you use "getting too cocky" like its something thats built into the game.

for a comprehensive pit guide, go here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152567

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
now i understand what you are saying thought it was a helpful guide to people playing game but didnt know it was a competitive guide... i rarely use items, but playing gets boring at times so i switch items on thats why i added that
alot of the stuff i have read is common knowledge as well but it isn't being said to them. UpB Wing Cancel is one of them, no offense but if this is a competitive thing then thats common knowledge as well as a few others. you know what i mean

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Pit is my main and I have learned a few decent strategies that I have gotten to get very good at.

One thing to remember with Pit is that his Mirror Shield is very useful with Most recoveries. They both are easy to see coming with Pit (or anyone really) but why wait when your Mirror Shield has the potential to KO an opponent with their own recovery.

When you see an opponent off the ledge, wait for the right moment to pull out the Mirror Shield. The recovering opponent will try to avoid you, so fire an arrow as a distraction. Right when you see them about to use their up b/side b, space yourself to reflect them at the right point. With a short hop you will confuse and most likely get your opponent, unless you mess up

Angel Ring is a bad move. If your opponent is good, he will di out and punish you before you can do anything. Rarely use this move. Its only effective to ward off spammers and approach, but never combos into anything.

Angel Ring is actually usefull in teams, dont spam the attack. Do it once, or twice, but dont over do it and get predictable. Angel ring and have your teammate (olimar is my teammate in tournaments usually) Side smash the opponent out of your angel ring. Come out of the attack and keep pressure on your opponent when they are recovering and if they get far enough way from you, slam two arrows or so at them to throw them off, then pursue to edgeguard them unless his ally is about to punish you.

This game is a big mind game at some points. Dont taunt because it makes you look dumb. and you set yourself up with getting punished. Taunting doesn't get inside anyone over 12's head. Space yourself and use smart attacks, or even throw in a few arrow loops if you want to mindgame your opponent, but never leave yourself vulnerable.

Pit's glide attacks are good for recovering or just throwing your opponent off. If for some reason your are sent flying, press x to jump once hold a direction to go into glide animation. Glide controlling is easy, and you can attack when you are doing a glide. You only need to hit A to attack out of a glide. You can use the joystick to control whether or not you want to glide up or down.

I hate guides and think they're pointless. Learn to play your character in your own style and you will become a lot better a lot faster. Trying to copy somone elses style will only leave you to be a weaker less effective clone.

Thought I'd make some revisions

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
now i understand what you are saying thought it was a helpful guide to people playing game but didnt know it was a competitive guide... i rarely use items, but playing gets boring at times so i switch items on thats why i added that
alot of the stuff i have read is common knowledge as well but it isn't being said to them. UpB Wing Cancel is one of them, no offense but if this is a competitive thing then thats common knowledge as well as a few others. you know what i mean
umm... even for people just starting to play the game...i'd rather point to rhy's guide compared to this(sorry but his is a lot more detailed and goes into lots of different situationsl =D)

and did you REALLY think sh up+b d-air can cancel the woi on ground...? cuz i didn't lol and i've been competitive with smash for a looooong time then at the same time almost everything on this guide was in my head as soon as i learned pit's full move set... just saying =].

Top Bottom