• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Ness maps

ggPeteQ

Smash Journeyman
Been brainstorming on what maps Ness would be good at and would like other smashers opinions.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Green Greens is one of his best due to YYG stuffs.

Corneria is solid vs. spacies (and Samus?)

Brinstar is OK.

Ness does decently on all of the neutral stages, but probably best on FoD.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I like GG and Corny (for the healing too!), but I'd have to disagree with BS and FoD.

DjC isn't so easy there due to the wierd terrain, and I often find myself L-cancelling to early on reflex. It's not easy to use PKT there either.

FoD is okay, but if Ness gets knocked below the stage, recovering with PKT2 isn't easy because if you wallhug, you will most likeley shoot away from the ledge, and I cant seem to sweetspot well thre either.

I like Pokemon stadium a bit, though I'd stick with good ol' FD.

Psi

Smash Cadet
I would agree on FD and Pokemon stadium. They are big and simple enough that his recovery can really shine.

I can't say much about FoD. I never play it cuz of the lag but GG is another good one as technomancer said cuz of the YYG stuff.

_clinton

Smash Master
Fox Stage 1 is #1 for Ness, Corneria = life up= very mad human players.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pokefloats is nice cause nobody plays there, and nobody can take advantage of his recovery. i dont exactly know why i like that place. :/

Greegree is nice for YYG.

FzGhouL

Smash Rookie
If we are going banned stages, there are better options than the floats.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
float aint banned. that why i like it. NOBODY practices there. besides, "nobody can take advantage of his recovery" there.

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
haha, thats actually true, i think that there are a lot of OKAY stages for ness, but not really any that show a clear advantage...i do know that battlefield is definately NOT good for ness for many reasons. personaly i like to practise on cornaria, FoD, and my personal favorite, pokemon stadium

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
i know, i know, i took a break from smash, because i got a xbox360, and i consentrated on a ton of fps's. but i just started playing smash again about a month or so, and after pracising a bit more with ness, thought it was time to rejoin this. so yes, I AM BACK!!

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Actually, a good Ness has an advantage on Battlefield. He's the only character that can come from under the dead edge with a well-aimed PK Thunder Missle. Angles for the win!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i like dreamland 64, he can really abuse his PKT there, and it gives him a lot of room to use his PKT2, and set up his PK flash edgegaurd

but it's big, and i like platform stages (too much ganon)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
anybody know whose the new mod for Ness forums? i hpoe we dnt get one, so we can spam and spam and spam and spam adn samp and spell badly.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Do they choose new mods for the forum? Or do they just assignalready mods the rooms?
If they choose new ones, it's most likely going to be someone who hangs in that room a lot, and we know how cool us Ness players are, so no worries :cool:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i really hope it isnt mic_128....no offence, if you're reading this. i dont think he likes ness much.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, if they are going to choose a new mod for this forum, it'd have to be a Ness liker right? And one who posts a lot, stays active, and has good knowledge about Ness.
Hmm...

No one offered to take the Ness room because no one likes Ness.
So, the three mods who modded it before are still modding it. =P
I think there may be a mod for it soon though. If not, oh well.
It definitely wont be a Ness main though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Dont worry annoying, if the new mod really doesn't like Ness, they may not mod it much. Besides, SW just likes to annoy us Ness players.

To stay on topic, my list'd go

Corny
Green Greens
FD
DL64
PS

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
Here's the way I play matches, stage-wise:

Opening stage-ban: Yoshi's Story. Ness just doesn't have anything there, except an easy recovery from the walls, and the blastzones on the sides are just too close for him. Unless it's against a Puff player, in which case Mute City hands down.

After losing the first round, counterpick: Against Marth or Roy, Corneria (they're just too dangerous on Green Greens with the side blastzones so close.) Against anybody else, Green Greens, probably, unless I think I can nail a Fox or Falco on Pokemon Stadium with the LBK infinite.

What stages do I hope to get with the first random selection? FD is solid. I don't like battlefield too much. DL64 is okay, I like the far blastzones. FD is my favorite of the neutrals, probably.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
ONe thing I hate about Yoshi's Story is when you are off of the stage and Shy guys eat your thunder.

_clinton

Smash Master
Y know that has never happened to me, and I have well over 500 hrs in the game. It still would suck if it happens.

Ness_Superfair

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that actually just happend the other day =.=(stupid shyguys..). My favorite maps to ness around on are: FD, YS64(endless cloud opporunities), and cornys great for health regen, so I guess im pretty much just like every other cool ness player... Im still unique though :psycho:

I still need to master the stupid slopes for FD though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
sorry, but YS64 is banned, the most banned stage. most hated, too.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
If we consider banned stages, IMO, Yoshis Story 64 is good, Mushroom Kingdom for YYG regeneration and cheap fthrow gimps, and Peach's Castle since it's very easy to recover there and Nesscan do a semi infinite there.

Top Bottom