• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Marth V.S. Shiek videos?

DV8R001

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-4406-8453
Last tournament I went to I got destroyed by a Sheik, and that seems to be the worst time that I play when against that character. I was wondering what some good videos are that I can find covering the match-up, and possibly some tips to this could be, thanks very much.
*sorry for misspelling Sheik, lol

Last edited:

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
Yeah, Shiek is widely considered to be a hard MU for Marth at lower levels of play, mainly because she can capitalize on a lot of the bad habits that low-level Marth's have. Mainly, I would recommend focusing on trying to out-maneuver her, which shouldn't be hard with Marth's much more fluid movement, and look for grabs. Try to keep yourself from getting impatient and jumping in with fairs and the like, that's the main reason I personally struggle with the matchup a lot. Try to poke with d-tilt as an alternative to SHFFLing. Off of a grab you can get u-throw--> u-tilt at certain percents as well, and I personally like FoD as a counterpick.
As for videos, I'm not really sure which direction to point you in, because most people will switch to secondaries/co-mains if they have them to avoid the Shiek matchup.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Sheik can punish and techchase Marth like no other. If you space well, she doesn't really have any good way to engage on you. So stuff her approaches with d-tilt and situationally f-tilt. If she tries jumping over your d-tilt, up-tilt and juggle up-airs. You constantly want to be aware of how far her dash attack can go and space yourself accordingly. If you see her waste her double jump, don't let her touch the ground again, Marth can juggle Sheik fairly easily, and Sheik doesn't really have a good way to get back to the ground. Random yolo fsmashes will get you punished everytime, so only use them if you're sure they'll hit. Don't get too cocky when edgeguarding either, she's invincible during a large portion of her up-b, and getting hit by it can easily turn an edgeguarding situation for you into a techchase/ edgeguard for her. And finally, make sure you're saving your double jump and recovering low, because she'll try to fair you every time you recover high. If you have no choice, be ready with a fair or side b to stuff her approach. A lot of it is just practice though man, just try to keep some up this in mind the next time you're playing. Good luck!

Jawmee

Smash Rookie
vods.co is a pretty good place to look for videos. You can search for specific characters, but it also shows matches with players who switch between Marth and Sheik instead of Marth vs. Sheik.

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
What's really good, is NorCal's tourneys. One of the best marths and one of the best sheiks really often go against eachother. Look for PewPewU vs. Shroomed videos, PPMD vs. Mew2King, Cactuar vs. (X), you get the gist. Also, for sheik, it's pretty obvious but keep her in the air.

Top Bottom