• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Kirby Secondary

TGAP37

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow kirby mains, I was wondering what you guys think are good characters to cover up for kirby's bad matchups and what you consider those matchups to be

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Bad matchups for Kirby are characters with disjoints such as Marth, Pit, GnW, etc.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Pit isn't that great vs kirby. Though, disjoints are anproblem for kirby. Anyone who consistently outspaces kirby also wins out, like dedede, mewtwo, and to a certain extent, dk.

I main samus and kirby, so this might just be me, but I think samus covers much of kirby's weaknesses. Kirby's lack of projectiles is balanced out by samus' s abundance of missiles. Though, this might only be beneficial for countering kirby's potential flaws in the neutral game.

Maybe a floaty killer can aid kirby, seeing as marth and mewtwo are both sort of floaty (correct me if I am mistaken). Fox killes floaties easy, pikachu is fast and also kills floaty character with up smash or down b. Both characters can move around disjoints fairly well, and have adequate projectiles which can be utilized against marth rather well... but pikachu and fox are combo fodder if the opponent knows the match up.

Random23

Smash Cadet
I use DK to cover my bad MU's, similar playstyle and nice long range to compensate for kirby's flaws vs characters like marth & ike

SSS

Smash Ace
Falco can put pressure on the characters that outzone Kirby. Same with characters like Link who can keep away those same characters. The problem with characters like that is you'll find that in a lot of matchups you might still be better off playing Falco or Link. . .lol. Personally I use Snake to cover Kirby's bad matchups like Charizard and Link (even though Snake vs Link is still pretty hard).

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I just picked kirby to cover a certain matchup that is bad for Lucas, and them i discover that this matchup is also bad for kirby, screw you link

JetX818

Smash Cadet
honestly if you main all the dreamlanders then you'll be set against all match ups.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow kirby mains, I was wondering what you guys think are good characters to cover up for kirby's bad matchups and what you consider those matchups to be
dude just play mario he's super ez insta-win XDDDDDDDDD
Seriously though, I main Mario and Kirby is my close secondary and they seem to cover each other pretty fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom