• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Gaming Laptop.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm not too computer savvy so I thought it would be fine to ask the computer experts and fellow peers this question instead of asking some sales rep trying to get me to buy some expensive P.O.S.

Anyway what is a good gaming laptop to buy? Mainly for Starcraft 2. All I need is some that will allow it to run well. If possible can it possibly have a internal webcam/mic? That way I'll still be able to skype and use the mic for Starcraft. Price isn't an issue but I want to keep it in the range of $500 - $2000 (USD). I just want to know what would be best to use.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
This one looks nice.
Mostly, you are looking for a core i5 processor, 4gb of ram or more, windows 7, 320gb hard drive or more, and a decent video card. The geforce gts 360m will be great.

all around, this is a great laptop for just around $1000. If I was buying a new laptop right now, this would be on my list for sure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114796

rhan

Smash Hero
This one looks nice.
Mostly, you are looking for a core i5 processor, 4gb of ram or more, windows 7, 320gb hard drive or more, and a decent video card. The geforce gts 360m will be great.

all around, this is a great laptop for just around $1000. If I was buying a new laptop right now, this would be on my list for sure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114796
Looks legit. I'll definitely invest into it. But that top review I read about it freezing up if on for more than an hour? That's got me kinda iffy but that's probably a lie? I hope so. But if I get it and it does have that problem hopefully I can get a refund.. lol

Thanks bro.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you wanted to upgrade it a bit, you could go with the i7 processor, and 6GB or higher of DDR3. Preferrably in corsair, imho.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone's a Toshiba fan!
I've never actually owned a Toshiba laptop, honestly. I just know a good deal on good hardware when I see one, and I keep finding Toshiba options that beat everything else I find when I look for whatever you guys ask for. I've done enough inside sales at my various jobs over the years to quickly discriminate between a good deal and a bit of a ripoff. Toshiba, as it turns out, keeps impressing me with their hardware and prices. Whether or not their customer service is any good, I'm not sure. But they can't possibly be as dishonest and illegal as HP.

Looks legit. I'll definitely invest into it. But that top review I read about it freezing up if on for more than an hour? That's got me kinda iffy but that's probably a lie? I hope so. But if I get it and it does have that problem hopefully I can get a refund.. lol

Thanks bro.
Chances are solid that the person involved doesn't know anything about managing their OS and their software, and they completely drove that thing into the ground with bloatware from day 1. Keep it simple when you're installing software on your primary machine, and you'll do fine.

Top Bottom