• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good combos for Mii gunner?

Joshua12450

Smash Rookie
Hello, I main 1311 Mii gunner, although i do plan on making separate kits with a different down special for different matchups. I don't see too many combos for him around, are there any good ones i could use? I'm using him currently for elite smash and wi-fi tournaments, although i'm not the best player and am restraining myself from elite smash until they're not my only character there,

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
For your moveset, the best combos are missile to charge blast at low to mid percents and fair to charge blast at low percents and kill percents. We also have down throw to bair or nair at low to mid percents. I am planning to work on a combo thread as I get some time off.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Mii Gunner is character that is designed to primarily make neutral exchanges, they really don't have any combos to their name.

I've seen someone refer to them as chip-damage the character in the past, which I think is a reasonable way to describe them.

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
Mii Gunner is character that is designed to primarily make neutral exchanges, they really don't have any combos to their name.

I've seen someone refer to them as chip-damage the character in the past, which I think is a reasonable way to describe them.
Hi AEMehr (I'm Shimi from discord).

I agree but they're really big chips though. 31% for CB, 18% for super missile, 31% for fsmash, 14% for grenades, etc. Gunner's damage output is pretty impressive. But yes, I agree there really are not many combos to speak of. I run 3332 and find a lot of accidental strings between my projectiles and moves. And I actually think it's great. So instead of guaranteed combos, we have situational combos that seem to happen naturally on their own as play develops. I gets lots of missiles to dash attack or grenade to missile, or missile to bomb dropped on platform above previously. I just played a game where in an edge guard I hit em with a BD, then grenade, then super missile to kill in a loose (not true) string.

Naov

Smash Cadet
As they say, one of his main attributes is that it can hit % hard. It may not look strong but with 3-5 hits you'll have your opponent at 75% or more. So you don't really need to combo a lot.

One of the combos* I use to do is up-throw and up-air , but they can dodge it so I use it seldom.

The nair will combo into itself and it's very useful to throw an opponent off stage for early kills.

Dash can combo on itself and on some other hits.

Most of the rest of the gunner's play style is a mind-game. But i Like this! it makes the game more fun instead of only spamming the same moves and combos as most of other characters.

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
As they say, one of his main attributes is that it can hit % hard. It may not look strong but with 3-5 hits you'll have your opponent at 75% or more. So you don't really need to combo a lot.

One of the combos* I use to do is up-throw and up-air , but they can dodge it so I use it seldom.

The nair will combo into itself and it's very useful to throw an opponent off stage for early kills.

Dash can combo on itself and on some other hits.

Most of the rest of the gunner's play style is a mind-game. But i Like this! it makes the game more fun instead of only spamming the same moves and combos as most of other characters.
Thanks for the combos. I'll probably update the combo thread this weekend. By the way, up throw to up air can actually be a kill confirm. I'll update the thread with some more kill percents when I get time to play.

Naov

Smash Cadet
Up-throw + up-air : I'm not sure it can be a kill confirm, if it has enough damage it will probably be able to dodge before you reach him, unless you read the move of course.

Actually, when the opponent has more damage, I may use down-throw + up-air as it has a similar launch distance as the low damage up-throw.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
I have some kill percents for it in the combo thread. It has also been tested out in the Gunner discord. Although the confirm range isn't that big, it is a true combo at kill percents. We still need to test it out on more characters.

Top Bottom