• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Characters for Teams?

CrabZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabDragon
What are some good characters for teaming with puff? What are their pros/cons?

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
All I know is to not partner with Yoshi, as you can't get Grab -> Rest because of how his grab works. Other than that, idk.

ThatOneGuyLucas

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff is debatably the best doubles character in melee, so she can pretty much partner with anybody. However, the most popular options are definitely the spacies.

To quote Armada, "Fox or Falco.

Fox is overall super great in teams and is very good at every aspect of the game. Wave shines into rest is super good vs floatys.

Falcos shines is a ****ing stupid move into rest. On reaction you basically will get tons of free rests each match. The Falco need to be aggresive and good at create good situations though but still. Falco is also very good at wake her up after a rest (even across the entire stage or even OFF STAGE).

Fox/Falco is the two best options for Puff in teams if you ask me.
The biggest reason for it is basically that Puffs team8 should be able to create a quick team combo (one hit then the Puff makes a rest right away). Fox/Falco play in their own league when it comes to being able to pressure the opponent.

They also have a super easy time getting grabs (shine grabs is stupid)
Have moves even from 0 that works pretty good as team combo starters (especially Falco on this one but still)."

CrabZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabDragon
How does sheik/puff contrast with spacies? Is it on a comparable level of viability (I'm curious)?

Last edited:

ThatOneGuyLucas

Smash Rookie
I hear that Sheik and Puff is a very solid team, as evidenced by M2K and Hbox winning doubles at Apex with that very team. Needles can reset puff from across the stage, and can keep enemies distracted while puff goes ham. Also, Sheik and Puff has one of the strongest offstage presences of any team, and can camp their hearts out when need be.

M2K & Hbox at Apex Doubles
----------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHG_HoOM578

Top Bottom