• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Captain Falcon Teammates?

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
So I'm in a doubles tournament with a friend, both of us main Falcon, but he's a little better than I am so he's most likely gonna be Falcon, but depending on what character he is, I might be Falcon. We're testing characters out and we're trying to find out which works best in teams. Any ideas?

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
Falcon is a glorified hackeysack in doubles. He needs room to run around and he needs space to pull off his combos. Neither of these are present in doubles. If your friend still wants to play Falcon, perhaps try a rushdown character like Shiek to keep the enemy's teammate away from yours while he does his thing.

Hydrogenize

Smash Rookie
Falcon is a glorified hackeysack in doubles. He needs room to run around and he needs space to pull off his combos. Neither of these are present in doubles. If your friend still wants to play Falcon, perhaps try a rushdown character like Shiek to keep the enemy's teammate away from yours while he does his thing.
He's talking about me lmao. I really play support in doubles. My other friend and I entered a doubles tournament and he went Ike and I just supported him as he racked up damage. Worked pretty well imo. I play other characters too, like Sheik, Rosalina and Villager which all work well for doubles so if I'm in trouble I can play them if need be.

Top Bottom