• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Blade Dance (Forward+B) Instances.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I'm not talking about recovery, but applications of the Forward+B Blade Dance. The problem is that generally by the 3rd strike or the 4th strike the opponent has been knocked out of your reach of the next attack. So, I'm thinking a study of what characters, at what percents, using which string of combos, will connect 3-4 hits.

The one that I pulled off yesterday was a Falco around 40-ish% with four hits. Foward, forward, forward forward. I'm going to try and verify it, if someone else wants to try this too that'd be great.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
It's pretty easy to hit Sheik with 3 or 4 hits at low percentages. I don't have a copy of smash on me atm, so I wouldn't be able to find the exact percentages. It will seldom work on lightweights.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
It also depends on if you want to sweetspot each hit or not. Its quite a bit easier to hit with all four attacks if you are very close to them, but to hit with the sweetspot each time makes it alot harder.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Seems like you can get them off on C. falcons most of the time. I'm not sure this would work all the time, but at low percents you can Uthrow a falcon and when he DIs behind you, you can quickly turn around with a full sword dance, connecting with most hits.

Also, it might not help much, but it shows Ken getting off quite a few sword dance combos on Isai on those really old youtube vids.

Schweppes

Smash Ace
Against fast-fallers you can hit them with 3-4 hits up to a pretty high percent (C. Falcon to maybe 75%, but don't quote me).

It really isn't worth it too much to go to the fourth hit, forward on the third is pretty strong and of course down is a meteor smash. Sometimes down on the 4th strike is helpful if your opponent has shielded your other attacks, sometimes it shield-stabs on the last poke. ;)

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Using the first strike is pretty good for stopping combos, it really screws up a shffl abusing falco one tap and he's done. And th lag time is next to none so you can come right out swinging. I've also used it to turn around in mid jump for mind games.

Mr_Steven

Smash Rookie
ive noticed in videos some marths will stop after the 3rd slash and do some sort of rapid attack , anyone know about this?

uremog

Smash Ace
lol, falco, any not low % with fff.

or if you're facing backwards and don't want to use a jumping attack.

Top Bottom