• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good alternate character for pirhana plant

Skooder

Smash Rookie
Hey all, glad to have recently joined smash boards and this forum! I've been cycling through quite a few characters but find pirhana plant to be a favorite. Some friends and myself will be playing in a tournament (although we aren't exactly pros) and I plan on using our wonderful potted pal as my main. I know he seems to have trouble against some characters, particularly the links in my experience. Do any of you have alternate mains that you use for certain matchups? Mostly looking for just one character that covers his weaknesses well, but really just curious what people think.

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I like to use pikachu for our bad matchups, but Dr. Mario and the Links themselves counter them as well.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
His main issue is vs extreme speedsters or characters who are all about camping. So Wolf is a pretty nice pick, but he's not speedy himself despite having nice frame data. It might be nicer to use a faster character like Pichu or Pikachu. But. Uh. I'm pretty sure Pikachu/Pichu could be used to cover a lot of mid/low tier character weaknesses by sheer viability alone.

Top Bottom