• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun Dark Dawn release party!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I.
Cannot.
Wait.

Also, I like that there's no Jupiter Djinni on the box. I hope that means no Jupiter Adept. I hate them.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Friend of mine back in Highschool said he actually played to original. beginning, to the point he reached about level 20, then fought Saturous and Menardi. beat them when he should have lot, and the game froze and deleted the file.

I still don't believe him.

Anyway, MAD HYPE! I love the originals and can't wait to pick this one up ASAP!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes it is. It was the game I was playing before Golden Sun and I plan on returning to it after Golden Sun.

I just wish I had folks in my area to trade maps, gain tags, and maybe just play with 'em. :/

Purple

Hi guys!
We should hang out at a NC event and play Dragon Quest XI :)

I'm going to talk about Golden Sun now though, has anyone started playing it yet from this group? How is it thus far? Why aren't you playing it now? XD

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I been playing it when ever I have the time. I'm four hours in already.

Game is good, but walk you through alot of things that season players to RPGs in general could pick up in a moment. It gets a slow start and doesn't have the sense of despair the original one had at the beginning. Also, Golden Sun's trademark TEXT TEXT TEXT returns as well. That's not a bad thing though. Music is good thus far sounding much like the originals, only clearer. Only thing is, I haven't heard a track that really sits with me, or has me humming, like the other two had. They were chock full of those kind of tunes. But, I haven't played enough of it. Also, the game isn't too difficult, so its a breath of fresh air to me since I was playing DQ9 Post-Game content for a while.

I'm enjoying it, and am Nostalgia bombing like a mother ****er. It stays true to the originals and does nothing to mix up that formula that made the original a success. GET IT, YO!

Top Bottom