• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gOld7's Journal - September 22nd, 2009

gOld7

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=2422]gOld7's Journal - September 22nd, 2009[/drupal]

Decided to get over my pride and play SSB Melee. Hadn't played in awhile. Wanted to give it another try. Enjoyed myself. More than I thought I would. Having a majority of the characters on Melee unlocked and a lot of them were not my doing in unlocking them. Felt as though as I didn't deserve to play the game like it was now. Decided to erase data, start from scratch. First thing on the Melee Agenda would be clearing classic with all the starters and any other "challengers" I happen to recruit. Got most of them done... wait never mind, just counted in my head. About one half of 1/4 of the total characters I've cleared with. *laugh* Anyways... Something wonderful reared it head while I was clearing classic with Peach at the final stage. Was ruthlessly thrashing Master Hand until his HP was reduced to a little less then halve. Heard a terrible laugh. When I saw the game stop in the middle of my Air Assault against MH. Knew immediately who the culprit was. Crazy Hand. Faced Crazy Hand only two times prior to the appearance I'm describing now. Once, long ago, when the Wii was non-existent and Game Cube ruled Nintendo, I had met and failed to defeat MH and CH. After many years later. Upon buying Melee again for the Wii, and to be exact, this very day, I had met him again. I failed again. And then a second time, today, with Peach at a full stock. Encountered Crazy Hand once more. I felt that I had a chance to defeat them both (MH and CH), In the back of my head a thought accumulated. Something to the extent of "Kill Crazy Hand first". Think I heard that in a Strategy Guide long ago. Began to pummel Crazy Hand, after two stock losses I was able to defeat Crazy Hand and watch him explode from the inside out as he drifted into the stage's background. Inside me, I felt powerful. I then proceeded to beat MH, and as the games closing credits began to roll, I had a sense of pride well up inside me. I felt powerful. I had become stronger as a Smasher. Was a time, that, in that situation, I would of choked and failed. I say: Take me on any day, Crazy Hand.

PS - So what? I was only facing both Hands on Normal, still, I feel good though. *Captain Falcon Voice* YES!

PPS - I apologize to the smashers in the Melee boards, as I was wrong to "apparently" trolling you. With my thread titled "meh" I do like Melee I'm just still having trouble adjusting from Brawl. I say apparently because I still believe it was unintentional, but still, I say sorry

PPPS - I think Peach is about to become my main on Melee. Lol.

~Timmy "gOld7" September 22nd, 2009

Top Bottom