• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goku in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It's a paradox. You stand by the rules Sakurai told (which are absolutely logical and true to the idea behind Smash Bros.)? Ok.
Wreck-It Ralph was released first as an arcade game (TO ADVERTISE THE MOVIE) and he's eligible, even though he is FIRST a character from a Disney movie. It's like saying that other Disney characters are actually toys and not movie characters because they appeared first in Happy Meals at McDonalds. And trust me, IT IS THE SAME THING.
But let's go deeper. If you accept that, then let's take Lucario, which is CLEARLY a videogame character which happened to appear first in an anime (with the intent to, guess what, ADVERTISE THE GAMES). Then what? He's not eligible?
You get what I'm saying?
Why are we talking about Ralph again? lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's a paradox. You stand by the rules Sakurai told (which are absolutely logical and true to the idea behind Smash Bros.)? Ok.
Wreck-It Ralph was released first as an arcade game (TO ADVERTISE THE MOVIE) and he's eligible, even though he is FIRST a character from a Disney movie. It's like saying that other Disney characters are actually toys and not movie characters because they appeared first in Happy Meals at McDonalds. And trust me, IT IS THE SAME THING.
But let's go deeper. If you accept that, then let's take Lucario, which is CLEARLY a videogame character which happened to appear first in an anime (with the intent to, guess what, ADVERTISE THE GAMES). Then what? He's not eligible?
You get what I'm saying?
I get it, the logic just keeps going around in circles. Ralph is ambiguous on whether or not he's a video game character, make no mistake about it.

Goku, on the other hand...

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
there are actually people who believe goku has a legitimate chance in smash bros?

Sakurai stated during brawl's development people that if the character did not originate as a video game character, THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE IN SMASH BROS..

-.- seriously...

EDIT: who is this "user known for bringing accurate facts" from ign?

I happen to be part of IGN's community, and i know the ones who post plausible accurate info, and the ones who pull BS out their *** but make it look convincing enough to fool gullible people.

This guy
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/poll-100-year-old-gamer-love-him-or-hate-him.452871150/

volbound1700

Smash Master
You have given me the confidence to go make a Doom Guy support thread, afterall he was in Doom 64 and Doom remakes have been launched on Nintendo systems (or was that Sony). :troll:

Why I am at it, I will also do one for James Bond, Duke Nukem, and COD Hero. LOL

Also don't forget Masterchief! He hasn't been on a Nintendo system but who cares!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have a question to puzzle everyones' minds. What about a character in a series that did not originate in video games but the character itself originated in video games.

Thank of TMNT 2 Arcade game villains like the boss of the Snowworld or characters from the James Bond game Nightfire. Makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom