• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God of War 2

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

Developer: SCE Studios Santa Monica
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release date: March 13, 2007
Genre: Action-adventure
Rating: Mature (M)

God of War 2 is the sequel to the epic Playstation 2 game, God of War. The game follows Kratos after he killed the original God of War, Aries. Kratos, through his defeating of a god has incurred the wrath of Zeus. Throughout the game, you will tackle even more Greek Mythology than the first. Some repeats exist like Medusa's sister, Euryale, who has the same power as the former. Among some you will encounter include Perseus (voiced by Harry Hamlin who played Perseus in Clash of Titans), Atlas, Gaia, Icarus, and Prometheus.

The combat is identical to the first which is great. It wasn't broken.

The story is a bit on the short side as I have been playing it since Friday and I have but 6 levels left out of 20 (5 hours about).

Great game.

Anyone else try it?

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
i've never played the first one should i get both of them r they really good? also Crimson king r u a silent hill fan?

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
The god of war series has been amazing, i played the first one to death, loved it. After beating the second i can pretty much conclude that this might me my favorite series ever. Just waiting for God Of War III for PS3, going to be amazing with a next gen upgrade.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
i've never played the first one should i get both of them r they really good? also Crimson king r u a silent hill fan?
Get both and play them in order. The second references the first a lot and it's worth it. I just got into Silent Hill 2 (and soon 3) thanks to Gametap, but I never get time to finish it. I do enjoy the franchise.

God of War 3 was a major factor in my buying a PS3. The series easily is the best on consoles, period.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
alright i'll make sure to pick up god of war next time i go to the mall. WHOA before you play silent hill 3 play the first one if you didn't already, cuz you'll be very confused if you don't. the first and third are very connected while the second expands our views of silent hill and gives clues to whats up with the town and its nature. the fourth is a spin off but reveals A VERY interesting fact in one of the endings dude its crazy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
See, I have heard from strict fans of the series that Silent Hill isn't needed in the series if you play 2 and 3. Those are the only two on gametap, and I don't plan on buying them really.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I rented God of War 2 and I'm currently playing it. It's a decent game. Plenty of good action and worthy of praise. I dont know what it is, but I just cant get sucked into this game like I do other games. Mabe I should just keep playing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Once he kills Theseus or Perseus you will realize how badass Kratos is. I was pretty impressed with those kills.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
I have finished the first God of War for near 50 times now. Cant wait for the Gow II to come finland.. If someone havent played the first one he should seriously think about buying it.

Yahweh

Smash Apprentice
the game's good, but I was very disappointed in its length. I wish it had been longer and the Halo ending, although expected, was kind of irritating. Must say, one of the best games of last generation.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
God of War 1 is excellent.... until you beat it twice, beat challenge of the gods and try to beat it on God mode [I'm stuck in the room before pandora's box]. After that it's not worth playing.

I think Devil May Cry is better in terms of replayability and replayability is a lot more valuable to games than most people think. Just look at Smash, it was a Smashing success because of it's replayability.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Finally beat it. Really awesome game and the story sets-up the, hopefully, PS3 sequel. I'd love to see this game in High Def.

Avoid spoilers with out using the tags, btw.

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
i think ninja gaidens better because its such a challenge! still i must play both god of war 1 and 2!
God of war is sort of the ninja gaiden for PS2, to make it that much more difficult i always played it on Titan mode when i first started each game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You can only play Titan mode after you beat the game once.

I am doing the Challenges now. I may try it on Titan pretty soon since I have a while for my next purchases (HDTV and Spider Man 3)

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I own the first game and have beat it, but haven't found the interest to get back into it again for the sequel. Sure, God of War was a good game, but not something I would play again. So, no for me.

darkshy

Smash Ace
Yo I loved the first one! I want to get the second one! does t take off were it left off. You know with his brother and stuff?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That was a red herring actually. That story line was just to trick people in to thinking you'd face off against his brother. The story line they chose wasn't actually one of the possible ones in the first game.

Top Bottom