• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go easy on the stun gun + grab game

_gold_

Smash Master
Yes, hello. Just thought I'd dish out some friendly advise to any of you ZSS mains. I'm hardly a competitive player, so my advise may be next to none. Anyways, I used to be a ZSS. She's lots of fun to play with, but I wanted more of a challenge (don't take that the wrong way), so I decided to pick another main.
Aside from that, I think many ZSS players, including myself, rely too much on the stun gun + grab game. Don't get me wrong, that's a pretty good approach, and it can lead to some great combos! But rely on it too much, and it quickly becomes readable. For example, I was playing against a ZSS player the other day. He/she won the first match, but after that, I could predict their next move. After that, they didn't win another match. Why? Because they relied too much on that combo.

I'm not attempting to point fingers at anyone, I just think a lot of us, including myself, need to find alternate approach. Look at Officer Jenny. She uses that combo almost as a secondary, like a surprise attack. I don't know... like I said, my advise is pretty worthless. Just something to consider.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I have made money at tournament almost exclusively relying on my paralyzer and grab game. Not sure what to listen to in terms of my experience or your advice :p

_gold_

Smash Master
I have made money at tournament almost exclusively relying on my paralyzer and grab game. Not sure what to listen to in terms of my experience or your advice :p
Ouch! Fair enough. I guess, for my case, it was because I was already familiar with ZSS and her possible combos. Therefore I could read the opponent easier, as oppose to someone who isn't.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Why would I spam paralyzer when I have boost kick? If they run at me boost kick. If they try to hit me boost kick. If they sheild boost kick.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Ive got other combos off of paralyzer hit confirm.
And as an additional approach, a spaced sh retreating zair

Top Bottom