• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gneral diff between melee nd pm falco ?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
ok so iv decided to main falco in pm b/c he seems way more viable than my previous main ( marth ). So I just need to know the general differences between melee falco and pm falco so when I watch melee vids of falco ik what's possible in pm and what's not.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
pretty much everything works the same I think the length of his firebird changed and his repeated A Attack is different but other then that my Pm falco and Melee falco are the same

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I didn't know of any change tp his up-b, but his jab is better for comboing (it's the Brawl one). That's the only difference I know of, other than Shine's one frame invincibility being gone.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I feel that Pm Falco is a bit bigger than Melee Falco, and I like that he was smaller in Melee. Maybe it's just me.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Falco is not "way" more viable than marth by any means... I actually like marth a lot more than falco in PM and I mained falco in melee

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
also a lot of the moves are a frame off so it is difficult to get used to timings (even for wavedashing) switching from one to the other.

ok so iv decided to main falco in pm b/c he seems way more viable than my previous main ( marth ). So I just need to know the general differences between melee falco and pm falco so when I watch melee vids of falco ik what's possible in pm and what's not.
Try to play enough of both to just have a feeling for both games. I did this with Brawl and Melee Falco for over a year and only need like a match or two to get the switch right.

Falco is not "way" more viable than marth by any means... I actually like marth a lot more than falco in PM and I mained falco in melee
Darn it. I was hoping you wouldn't like marth. I do not want to have to face more Marth people.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Darn it. I was hoping you wouldn't like marth. I do not want to have to face more Marth people.
Hello ^^

On a serious note though, RAR helps Falco a lot and the new reversing techniques for lasers too. Footstool isn't that big of a deal because dair is almost always better.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
also a lot of the moves are a frame off so it is difficult to get used to timings (even for wavedashing) switching from one to the other.
You mean "only for wavedashing". Only wavedashing is 1 frame different in PM. Characters like Falco have their frame data ported from Melee. Timing wise everything is the same.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
You mean "only for wavedashing". Only wavedashing is 1 frame different in PM. Characters like Falco have their frame data ported from Melee. Timing wise everything is the same.
No not in terms of like L-Cancelling when you hit things, and also having the different sized models and things messes with visual cues (especially for hitboxes).

Top Bottom