• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Yoshi

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see a lot of good threads...though I have a feeling some are out of date or could use some sprucing. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit. If you have any opinions or questions, I'd be happy to hear them :)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Wow this is going to be tough pulling every board together to revamp there boards. I hope we can do this it will take some time

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Alright Bigman that is good we should completely revamp the guide like make an entire new one with sections and include the guides like the ones me and bigman made.

:004:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I whole heartedly agree with guide revamps, in fact I can help a lot if needed. Out current guide is rather, sloppy.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It's up to you guys :)

if it's too much trouble to make one from scratch (which guides are :urg:) it might be best to just fashion the existing one to your liking.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The info is good. It just needs to be revamped for appeal.

auroreon

Smash Ace
This seems like a very good idea, the current Yoshi guide is in no way up to date with Yoshis metagame. I can deffinatly contribute to this.
Also I think if possible we should include as many video demonstrations as possible, using a video along with a text description really helps to explain.

auroreon

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about making a new thread or revamping the old one?
I think if we choose to revamp the old one it will end up pretty much just being a new one from scratch anyway, but it might be usefull to use the template or something. I dunno whaddya think?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I say we make a new one with new info. The only info that doesn't need to be updated are the DR and CG and release stuff but the defensive offensive stuff needs to be updated. Since that is out of date.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lil'b, talk to me later. I can help you organize a bunch of stuff.

But as far as videos go. ( I believe I saw that during a quick skim) Airborne and I are supposed to start app vids for loads of stuff soon.

Top Bottom