• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Diddy Kong

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see that you guys run a very tight ship here and that's good! I see all the good threads: AT's, video library, matchups, though no general guide thread which is probably buried in the others. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit

If you have any questions, please ask away.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Wow...just wow...

We deffinitely need a guide just like... no wait... better than that Pikachu one lolz.

I think Hanson already brought this topic up though?

-L-

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Contribute or I'll infinite you! :mad:

But seriously, does any one have any thoughts on revamping the guides/stickies?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Er, we have been in the process of revising the stickies for a few weeks now >.> Everything you see on the Diddy boards sticky-wise has been revamped within the past month. We've been working on the character guide in the background before we post it, so that it is as good as it can be. We've been cleaning up for a while :\

Virgilijus

BRoomer
That's good news then! If you guys are all ready in the process, there are no qualms there. Some boards need a little more help in revamping their section.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah me, Kaptain Kong, and 4RCE have been working on it though Ive had help from other members too. As for when itll be up, Im hoping to have it finished before I start moving which means Ill try to get it done before next week. Im sorry its taking longer than expected :(

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind it if the SWF collectively jumped on board of a universal character guide format or a general outline of what to sticky. Your proposition still sounds somewhat vague though. =) Care to explain a bit more?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Essentially, we're trying to make sure the stickied threads are:

1) The ones that need to be up there
2) Updated

It's easier to try to get the boards to do it at the same time so I posted this in every character board. I've talked with the moderators and they're up for helping as well. that's pretty much it.

Top Bottom