• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitches and warnings.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
A couple of hard things to worry about when using Ike. These have both screwed me over really bad recently, so I thought I'd share my experiences before someone else suffers the same fate.

1) Quick Draw won't go into Aether.

In this game, Quick Draw can go into Aether if QD hits someone. However, I've noticed several times where I would hit someone with Quick Draw and Ike would fall into a helpless state while I tried to Up B.

2) Backwards ledge grip recovery glitch.

Or lack thereof. I was playing a Sonic player. I don't remember which attack he used, but I think it was nair maybe? Well above the ledge, I was hit by the attack and had plenty of time to grip it, even if I was facing away from it. He never did, and by the time I realized it, it was too late to Aether upwards. Again, facing away, Aether couldn't grip me and I died. The stage was Battlefield.

If anyone has anything to report, post it here.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
1) You only have a certain amount of time to Aether after quick draw.
2) This is likely it being harder to snap to the ledge. You have to be REALLY close to snap.

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
1) Perhaps you already used your second Jump? Happend to me sometimes and I wondered why I could not do anything after QD, but it works always when you do not make this fault.
2) Dunno what you mean, I think you have to be closer to the ledge in Smash 4 and even if you miss its enough time to turn around and Aether in the right direction.

I don´t see any problems there.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
For number 2, I believe the same thing happens to all characters, not just Ike, and I don't think it's a glitch. After you're hit by an attack you are unable to grab the ledge for a certain amount of time (I don't know if the time is fixed or dependant on the strength of the attack, your current %, etc). This inability to grab ledge will often extend longer than the hitstun of the attack, so that it appears you should be able to grab the ledge but you just fall right past it, even when facing it or directly adjacent to it. I've had this happen to me on a consistent basis while playing as many different characters, and have seen it happen to others as well.

As for Aether not grabbing the ledge backwards, that's just a new thing and it sucks. Make sure to always face the stage with Aether, or if you are forced to use it backwards hope that you'll end up higher than the ledge and try to land on-stage. Fortunately this is made easier because you can pull Aether back farther than you could in Brawl.

Last edited:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yeah it's not a huge deal for recovery, it mainly just sucks because it makes Aetherspikes a lot less viable. Considering it's practically an instant kill at 0% now it'd be amazing if we could do it reverse.

Top Bottom