• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding over tall buildings in a single shuttle loop: The Meta Knight Social

Servine1212

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm fiddling with MK, possibly going to pick him up as a secondary, but I can't quite seem to figure out the physics of DC. How do I control movement? How do I control which way he swings? What sort of distance can I travel with it?
There's a guide for that bro check the metqkniggt forums

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I'm fiddling with MK, possibly going to pick him up as a secondary, but I can't quite seem to figure out the physics of DC. How do I control movement? How do I control which way he swings? What sort of distance can I travel with it?
The Dimensional cape is controller by both the analog stick and the c stick in different ways. The C stick controls which way you swing and the analog stick controls where you move towards. This description isn't 100% accurate but will get you started, start messing around by pointing the sticks in different directions and combinations and learn what the result is.

This outdated but still usable guide may give you more insight.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dimensional-cape-guide.341911/

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
There's a guide for that bro check the metqkniggt forums
The Dimensional cape is controller by both the analog stick and the c stick in different ways. The C stick controls which way you swing and the analog stick controls where you move towards. This description isn't 100% accurate but will get you started, start messing around by pointing the sticks in different directions and combinations and learn what the result is.

This outdated but still usable guide may give you more insight.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dimensional-cape-guide.341911/
Thank you! I was searching for something like this, but it was buried deep in the horrors of page 2... :p

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Hello new friends!
I am a former Wario main/ MK secondary to a now full fledged MK main :D

I'd like to think that my MK is coming along fairly nicely, and I just really wanted to say that I think 3.6 Metaknight is really really really good, and he is fun/ has the hype comboes. xD

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
The board is alive again boys. I might start playing PM again if I ever get a wii.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just found out about shield stops in this video by PewPewU for Melee Marth, but I think it could be really great for MK.

MK and Marth are similar in a lot of ways so I think we can apply a lot of the usage he explained in the video, specifically with F-air and Up-air under platforms.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
I just found out about shield stops in this video by PewPewU for Melee Marth, but I think it could be really great for MK.

MK and Marth are similar in a lot of ways so I think we can apply a lot of the usage he explained in the video, specifically with F-air and Up-air under platforms.
Oh absolutely, I used a concept about edgeguarding from a Marth video to explain edgeguarding with MK in my video lol. Very similar styles in some aspects

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap this section is dead xD

Anybody here going to Tipped Off in a couple months? I ask because it'll be the first huge tourney I've been to (not far from home), and I am pretty hyped for it for both Melee and Project M!

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap this section is dead xD

Anybody here going to Tipped Off in a couple months? I ask because it'll be the first huge tourney I've been to (not far from home), and I am pretty hyped for it for both Melee and Project M!
I most likely will not be there but good luck man

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
I most likely will not be there but good luck man
That is unfortunate, but thanks!
I hope I can get on stream, provided we have one for PM, and then not subsequently disappoint anyone watching me!

On a semi-related note, if I am able to get new videos of my play in the next couple weeks, would you/ anyone else really be willing to critique my play? I have been performing much better lately, and if I can manage to get videos, I'd like to be able to actually see how that is being accomplished, as well as what else I could do to further level up my play.
Now... I just need to manage to get to a tournament that actually has a stream set-up...

Top Bottom