• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gliding at first jump/ground level

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
yeah im sure most of you guys know this by now
but im going to point out that pit can glide after the first jump making a fast ground level glide attack.

(note i use wii-mote+NC which makes this easier?)
simply press up with joystick and at sametime press down on your jump key (for me its C) then hold your joystick left or right.

im sure alot of you pits already know this but who knows maybe someone who doesnt will read this ^^

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think what you basically are doing is using your second jump really fast. Is tap jump turned on? And mote and NC is def the way to go!! I use that set up ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
Here is a test. If you did your second jump, then you should have two jumps remaining after the glide. If not, then you should have three. How many jumps are after the glide?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I would use the wiimote and NC if I had a wiimote charger and weren't so used to the GC controller. But you can do this with the GC controller by pressing X and Y at roughly the same time and rotating the control stick. It's pretty useful actually. You can sort of SHFF the Glair which is good because Glair is a good close-combat attack.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there are two jumps before the glide when you do this. This just makes the midair jump really small.

Goalie63

Smash Rookie
Also if you hold the jump button after you jump then press left or right it makes it easier to glide I think

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
two jumps or not its still pretty useful. and besides if its at ground level who cares how many jumps it is

well heres the theory craft.
glide is done by holding down on your jump button. however u want to jump using joystick. tehn u have to quickily hold down the jump button while the joystick jump is taking place because two jumps cant work at the same time. then move your joystick left and right for a glide.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree it is still useful. It makes me realize that I can glide faster so I will use it. But it isn't from your first jump >_<

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
oh my bad. since it goes real fast and it has the hieght of a normal jump i thought it was one.
then again the number of jumps doesnt really affect it much/

i use this into a upsmash at lower % : )

Top Bottom