• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glide Attack ideas for Pit

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking about the usefulness of Glide Attack, and the way PMDT creates such cool advanced character tech (Lucario's ASC, Mewtwo's Hover Cancels, etc) and wondered if anyone had a cool idea for something involving Glide Attack. I was thinking of it being jump cancellable, meaning we could hit with it and then immediately follow up on the opponent with another attack like aerials or arrows.

Glide Attack would probably have to become a pop up attack though, at least to keep the combo potential alive. Idk

What do you guys think?

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
So if I understand this right, you/re suggesting an initially high KB, with very little KBG, and have the angle modified to combo as well as it being jump cancellable on hit? Depending on the angle of popup, it may have some uses with fair and dair. I know I'd use glide attack a lot more. But I don't think it'll likely happen. Maybe making it auto/l-cancelable at the least would help out a ton. As far as I recall GA doesn't even have an autocancel window ;_;
This would be a huge improvement for both glide attack and combos and I think it's a neat idea.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Well I was hopefully thinking it would be perfect to pop the opponent into an up air.
Making it L-cancellable/auto cancellable/jump cancellable would give us an other useful pop up attack, besides Dair, and would make a useful setup for the up b kill.

Also, Glide Attack Cancels (GAC) already sound so cool

Last edited:
Top Bottom