• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Giving Characters Other Character's Moves?

big bih

Smash Rookie
Hello! So as the title implies, I'm trying to give characters moves that other characters have. In particular, I want to give Fox the Knee and Ganondorf Falco's shine in order to mess around with it. How would I go about doing that? Crazy Hand doesn't let me add the specific things I need, and attempting to hex edit the character dat files crashed the game. I would be very thankful if anyone could help me out.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Character moveset swaps between different characters is very messy and buggy; it's not simple to get the desired result. It would be better if you straight up made your own animation or if you tried to translate the animation over your desired character (which obviously takes some animation knowledge, but this is the best way to do it). There's a code that gives everyone Fox and Falco's Shine, but you probably only want that for specific characters and not everyone.

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
It would be quite difficult to do that, since adding other characters moves into another results in wacky unintended animations and game crashes. Some moves will work fine on others such as implementing moves to ones own clone, but it might not work 100% of the time. Unintended animations will happen since move swapping a character’s attributes was never intended. Your best bet is to completely reanimate moves that cause the glitchy animations.

I believe there is a move swap code that you can use to test out different characters after performing the move swap, so you can see if their animations need fixing. Just note again that some move swaps will crash the game once it’s performed.

Schñarf

Smash Rookie
It would be quite difficult to do that, since adding other characters moves into another results in wacky unintended animations and game crashes. Some moves will work fine on others such as implementing moves to ones own clone, but it might not work 100% of the time. Unintended animations will happen since move swapping a character’s attributes was never intended. Your best bet is to completely reanimate moves that cause the glitchy animations.

I believe there is a move swap code that you can use to test out different characters after performing the move swap, so you can see if their animations need fixing. Just note again that some move swaps will crash the game once it’s performed.
Does this code swap the entire moveset or can you pick a select few moves to change? If the former, could you provide a link to this code?

NewChallenger

Smash Cadet
Where are the codes to do these? Even if they're buggy

All the links that are given point to a very old site that's down by now.

Does anyone still have copies of these move swap codes?

Top Bottom