• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Give it to me straight. Any dissapointments in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Dog244

Smash Cadet
I can say the only things in Brawl I would change would be, more 3rd party characters, less clones, more stages, more trophies/stickers, better adventure mode, and DLC. Anything you would change? :confused: :p

Barge

All I want is a custom title
You're making an awful lot of threads.
I think this has been discussed before.
A lot of times.
But uh...most people would say the change in air dodge and hitstun.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
More like, is there any Brawl in this disappointment?

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
yeah the wifi was the biggest disappointment for me
also a few others but i dont wanna list them all, im happy with the game so yeah

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
How about some things that should have been in Brawl:

1. A roster bigger than a measly 35 with characters
2. The inclusion of characters who actually SHOULD have been in the game
3. The exclusion of characters who SHOULDN'T have been in the game
4. No adventure mode, or at least an adventure mode that didn't have awful gameplay, abysmal storyline, or one that is so focused on that it harmed every other aspect of the game
5. More Assist Trophies
4. For items to be fun again like they were in Melee
6. No tripping
7. More stages and better stages, including N64 stages
8. The DECLONING of characters from melee that DIDN'T happen
9. Different break the targets stage for each character

Biggest Thing:
10. Any kind of implication that they knew what DK fans wanted AT ALL. Diddy Kong is great but where was K Rool? The selection of music was abysmal! The only DKC2 song they chose was Stickerbush Symphony and they BUTCHERED IT, making it even more synthy than the original and completely changing the timing, god it was awful. Also, 2 stages labeled as DK and not a single one from DKC or DK64, the games DK fans actually LIKED? DK fans DON'T like DK for Jungle Beat or the classic arcade game. Thank god the 2 DK stages were revolved around those games.

Yeah overall, Brawl was a HUGE dissapointment, but it is still really fun.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Dude tripping. I don't think anyone but Sakurai is content with such a pointless addition.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wait.....

Nobody liked the original Donkey Kong? I thought it was up there with Pac Man as one of the best Arcade Games of all time!

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
What am I unhappy with?

Tripping is slightly annoying, I feel the metroid series was given the short end of the stick, and I hate dedede's jab and ike's dtilt.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
1. No Isaac
2. Ganondorfs moveset
3. Links spin attack both offensively and for recovery
4. Clawshot, give me back my Spiderman Melee hook Shot.
5.SSE
6.No sticker Brawl.

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
I was most dissapointed in the online multiplayer. I was really looking forward to playing 2v2 online in a matchmaking type of system where it would put me and my friend against other teams. It seemed like an obvious inclusion, what other mode do you put in besides free-for-all? 2v2.

Yet there is no 2v2 and even worse, the lag is so bad that it doesn't even make the free-for-all worth playing. Nintendo has a lot to learn from Microsoft in the online department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom