• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giovanni (Pokemon Trainer like character)

nindgod

Smash Journeyman

He is the enemy in the world of Pokemon. He controls all of Team Rocket.
He does not 'love' his pokemon, he only uses them to gain power of the world.
WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY HE SHOULD BE IN!

Except the thing about Giovanni, is that he operates in the same exact way of Red.

I would say that his 3 pokemon should be Persian (the faster, weaker pokemon),

Nidoking (the stronger, heavyweight one)

and Sableye, the overall balanced pokemon.

Who agrees that they should have another character like Red, and Giovanni should be it?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, it would ruin the uniqueness of Pokemon Trainer. We only need one character like that.

Cinder

Smash Master
Agreed with Vesper/Andrew...and isn't there a Giovanni thread? Meh...I"m bored, I'll do movesets for the three Pokemon...

EDIT: movesets v

Persian:
B-Pay Day: fires a barrage of coins
>B-Fury Swipes: lunges at the foe, slashing repeatedly
^B-Pounce-takes a high jump
vB-Water Pulse: didn't see this one comin, didja:laugh:...anyway, it fires a shockwave of water

Nidoking:
B-Mega Punch: Similar to DK's...but not storable...more powerful than DK's :O
>B-Take Down: Nidoking lunges forward
^B-Horn Drill: Nidoking spins wildly while rising upwards (similar to MK's >B)
vB-Earthquake: causes an earthquake

Sableye:
B-Power Gem: causes a ray of light to burst forth and burn opponents
>B-Shadow Sneak: Sableye vanishes into the shadows and creeps forward until it hits either the edge or an opponent, then rises up in a powerful attack...very fast...
^B: Faint Attack: Sableye disappears, dashes in a direction, and reappears...damage done during dash (which can't be seen...top tier perhaps;))
vB: Confuse Ray: Sableye fires a ray that scrambles the nearest opponent's controls if it hits

FS:
Mass chaos: all three Pokemon come out...Persian uses Fury Swipes on the nearest opponent, while Nidoking does a supercharged EQ, while Sableye uses a no-miss Confuse Ray that hits all opponents...

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
No thanks. And if there were to be another Pokemon Trainer, I'd rather have Cynthia

Cinder

Smash Master
No thanks. And if there were to be another Pokemon Trainer, I'd rather have Cynthia
I must be really bored :rolleyes:...I'm gonna do a moveset, then I have to practice for a Smash Tournament tomorrow...give me a sec to do the MS's
EDIT: for the Giovanni sets, switch all vB's with PKMN change...kinda forgot x_x

Here's Cynthia's movesets:

Lucario:
B-Aura Sphere: follows nearest opponent...chargable, not storable
>B-Extremespeed: dashes forward...similar to Fox's
^B-High Jump Kick: simlar to G&W's, but better horizontal range

Roserade:
B-Energy Ball: not chargable, not storable...moves in a straight path, at the angle chosen upon attack (like Pit's)
>B-Stun Spore: stuns opponent temporarily...like Zamus's B
^B-Super Leap: Roserade makes a high jump

Garchomp:
B-Earthquake: causes an earthquake, damaging nearby opponents...
>B-Stone Edge: causes a rock pillar to rise diagonally from the ground
^B: Dragon Rush: Speeds off in the chosen direction...massive knockback, but fairly slow...

FS: need help deciding...

vesperview

Smash Hero
I must be really bored :rolleyes:...I'm gonna do a moveset, then I have to practice for a Smash Tournament tomorrow...give me a sec to do the MS's
EDIT: for the Giovanni sets, switch all vB's with PKMN change...kinda forgot x_x

Here's Cynthia's movesets:

Lucario:
B-Aura Sphere: follows nearest opponent...chargable, not storable
>B-Extremespeed: dashes forward...similar to Fox's
^B-High Jump Kick: simlar to G&W's, but better horizontal range

Roserade:
B-Energy Ball: not chargable, not storable...moves in a straight path, at the angle chosen upon attack (like Pit's)
>B-Stun Spore: stuns opponent temporarily...like Zamus's B
^B-Super Leap: Roserade makes a high jump

Garchomp:
B-Earthquake: causes an earthquake, damaging nearby opponents...
>B-Stone Edge: causes a rock pillar to rise diagonally from the ground
^B: Dragon Rush: Speeds off in the chosen direction...massive knockback, but fairly slow...

FS: need help deciding...
Eh... Lucario should be alone and not with Cynthia.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I was thinking... wasn't Giovanni Mewtwo's original master? Maybe he could use him.
(Or not)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No no, the next pokemon trainer should be the former champion of Johto, the dragon master Lance. He looks like he can atleast hold his own against Brawl combatants WITHOUT the use of pokemon.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I just don't think it would be a cool idea to add a 2nd pokemon trainer. As others have stated, it will take away the uniqueness of Pokemon Trainer. Giovanni may not be a clone of PT since he uses different pokemon, but he would just be showing us a character concept we have already seen before in Pokemon Trainer. I'd rather see an extremely popular and solid pokemon like Lucario get in. Toss Giovanni into the mix as an AT and have him send his team rocket thugs to do something dastardly. Brawl has done such a great job of reducing character redundancy, so why stop now?

EPX2

Smash Ace
It's silly that you guys do not like my idea
It's "silly" that we don't want to see a cool, interesting, and unique concept given to another character? As already stated, adding another PT-like character would detract from PT's uniqueness.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Giovanni is rich, he could buyout the the Subspace Army and enslave them. He's that rich.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Giovanni is rich, he could buyout the the Subspace Army and enslave them. He's that rich.
Thats one funny comment!

But yeah Giovanni could be a Pokemon Trainer type boss. I cant see another PT though. If you have heard the Show Me Your News episode 18 maybe he will be the boss for a Pokemon world in the SE.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I agree in that Giovanni should be in Brawl. Either as playable by himself, with Pokemon or as a boss.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
as improbable as he is to be in brawl, i would like him to be. (persian calms me after the deconfirmation of meowth)

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
If he's playable I'd be disappointed. I can definitely see him as a boss though.

Any pokemon character I will greatly embrace. However, like the others have stated, he would make a great boss and enemy of Pokemon Trainer. And, you should use a pokemon like Sandslash instead of Sableye. He disrupts the 1st generation continuum. Rhyhorn is also a good choice.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
If, and its a really big if, Giovanni is in, I'd like to see him with a Persian, Rhyperior, and maybe Blaziken.

Persian's hard to make up a moveset for, but I'd give him Payday, like meowth, and Faint Attack for an up B move, which is like a slow teleport that does damage if someone is in the way. Also, an idea of mine was like bite, but kinda like the effect Fang attacks of D&P, so it has a 1/3 chance of electrifying and paralyzing for a second, freezing for a second, and burning and doing extra damage. But thats all I can think of besides the standard slash and fury swipes and what not. So...

Persian:
B- Bite
<>B- Payday
^B- Faint Attack
vB- ?

Rhyperior, who is one of my favorite pokemon, would be a heavyweight, obviously, probably the heaviest and worst recovery. He'd have his Rock Blast, where he shoots rocks out of his hands. And his recovery move would be the new Rock Climb HM, where he quickly shoots upwards at a slight angle and rocks appear on his belly (like squirtle's waterfall). His Down B could be earthquake and be like DK's down B, only stronger but unable to do in succession. And his over B could be like a horn attack or something, idk, you think something up. He has a LOT of smash attack potential.

Rhyperior:
B- Rock Blast
<>B- Horn attack or something more creative
^B- Rock Climb
vB- Earthquake

And I'm sure other people have better Blaziken movesets.

But anyways, I really don't see Giovanni making it into the game at all. He'd be cool as a boss, but probably wont be in at all.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Someone on Gamefaqs once posted such a cool idea of Giovanni as a subspace boss... I forgot how exactly it went, but the story was something like this:

Ice Climbers and another character (I think Lucas) are traveling down a mountain when Kraid appears and is about to kill them, but suddenly Biggoron comes out and signals to them to go while he wrestles with Kraid (nice giant fight).

ICs and Lucas run into a cave where they meet up with a waiting Giovanni, who then initiates a battle. He uses Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Dugtrio. They dont act like the PT exactly, because they are fought in a set order, and they dont play like Smash characters (B moves, jumps, all that). The person even described the fight style of each character (Dugtrio's was particularly interesting with his digging and popping out of different areas of the stage and sometimes using Fissure for a possible 1HKO...

Top Bottom