• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish (Sheik) vs Rohins (Samus) Frienlies!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nice, very enjoyable. I love your edgeguarding mind if I steal a few of your tricks?:) But why did you guys only play with 2 stock?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
O.o That's a lot of friendlies

edit: Thanks for the matches gimpy but I think we all know Samus are usually a lot more campy then what we see from Rohins in those matches ^-^

By the way it's awesome as hell that you even attempted to use the reverse aerial needle cancel. No one does that including myself >.>'

Also the semi jab lock you pulled was just plan sexy :3 ~goes on to watch more then just four matches~

edit2: lol @ match 7

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
In a sort of odd twist of fate, I recently started maining Sheik alongside Bowser and I was like "man I feel like Gimpyfish" and these show up so now I REALLY CAN

No seriously, watched all of these this morning. Fantastic. It's been a while since I've watched Brawl videos and actually been really surprised or excited from what's going on in them. Definitely, definitely fun to watch and also a really good example Sheik for me to add some more pseudocombos/setups from to my own and also a really really inspiring master balloon popper man you're like an expert at that.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Props to Rohins for not playng campy because they were just friendlies. If it was a competitive match I wonder how different he would play? It's really difficult to win with Samus without playing extremely defensive.

demodemo

Smash Ace
there was a post here, but it did not make any sense at all

***** were sucked, etc. i watch video now brb

edit-

only watched the first too matches. i have too many things to do tonight

hmmm gimpy i thought you said that you were going to stop playing brawl! you have improved in a multitude of ways..

let me start off by saying the b reversal to fair was OH SO AWESOME during that first match. unfortunately, i think a bair would have killed him. however, the only reason why the fair didnt was because it was too stale, and since bair has become such an important move, saving fair for this kind of thing may be a viable tactic.. after all, fair has the best knockback angle, and is the fastest.

your consistent b reversal makes me wish i was better at melee

the samus grab release during the second match was amazing. i have to try that some time.

just from these two matches, i can tell you have probably been playing a lot of brawl. I really like your sheik, and i'm probably going to incorporate the cstick fair retreating thingy you are doing ^^

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
oh man gimpy... in match 11 you just messed with Rohin... that's kinda mean :( you save him just to punish him more... haha if i could do that then i would too though >:]

Edit ~ If i beat my friends 12 times in a row during friendlies, thats when they stop being friendly XD

Tristan_win

Not dead.
there was a post here, but it did not make any sense at all

***** were sucked, etc. i watch video now brb

edit-

only watched the first too matches. i have too many things to do tonight

hmmm gimpy i thought you said that you were going to stop playing brawl! you have improved in a multitude of ways..

let me start off by saying the b reversal to fair was OH SO AWESOME during that first match. unfortunately, i think a bair would have killed him. however, the only reason why the fair didnt was because it was too stale, and since bair has become such an important move, saving fair for this kind of thing may be a viable tactic.. after all, fair has the best knockback angle, and is the fastest.

your consistent b reversal makes me wish i was better at melee

the samus grab release during the second match was amazing. i have to try that some time.

just from these two matches, i can tell you have probably been playing a lot of brawl. I really like your sheik, and i'm probably going to incorporate the cstick fair retreating thingy you are doing ^^
You are missing the point.

The reason why letting of the ledge and doing a fair is better is because the fair can send people downward so it doesn't need to kill as you can then combo it into something else or it might be already enough to kill them.

edit: the bair is only really good if it's enough to kill them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gimpy reminds me of omar or forward when they played melee sheik, they played sheik sexy for the sake of being sexy

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
and isn't that how it should be? i mean let's not fool ourselves here. Sheik is just about the only character that can do anything that is visually appealing after all.

Squidster

Smash Ace
It is hot stuff...

Gimpy how effective is jab locking? When playing to win do you still like... never use rapid jab? I gotta say it looks freaken sweet... which may be all that matters....

Top Bottom