• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpy says Ness is horrrrible.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bottom two characters in the game starting with the second worst and working our way to the true worst in the game. i threw ness in there to represent the top tier, so you have a perspective

Ness
Pichu
Kirby

and no, bowser isn't right above ness on the list either, he's certainly worse than that

Levitas

the moon
Oooooh, it's the (*inserts theme music*) War of the Mods!

Will Simna change his main to something other than Ness (like PK thunder)?

Will GimpyFish yell at me for capitalizing the F in Fish?

Who will come out on top in Gimpy's tier list?

When will Ademisk get brawl and start uploading videos?

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Ness is great. He is very resourcefull. Too bad he his neutral B sucks :(

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, his downsmash sucks. His Neutral B is moderately useful, though not the best option in most situations, something to keep in mind for when it's applicable.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Bowser was added to Melee at the last minute, they just took all of the moves that sucked too much to give to any other characters, awkwardly stuck them onto the Koopa model from SMS, and then decided to slow it all down so nobody would notice that the moves were total crud.

Levitas

the moon
I was mesmerized by the animated gif above me. I couldn't look away for like 3 full minutes. Now, someone put a Ness sprite over the mario on every frame, and it'll be perfect.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Bowser was added to Melee at the last minute, they just took all of the moves that sucked too much to give to any other characters, awkwardly stuck them onto the Koopa model from SMS, and then decided to slow it all down so nobody would notice that the moves were total crud.

actually bowser was planned to be in the original smash 64 (along with peach) but the graphics couldn't handle it

dan smith

Smash Champion
actually bowser was planned to be in the original smash 64 (along with peach) but the graphics couldn't handle it
Whatever lets you sleep at night Gimpy.

I'm not making any outrageous claims, I'm simply saying, that if it came down to it, I could beat the nations three best Koopa players 1 vs 3 with Ness...blindfolded.

That's all I'm sayin'.

dan smith

Smash Champion
When I first started looking for anti-Bowser gifs I thought it'd be impossible to find them...now it's become obvious that Koopa's short comings are a universal truth.

EDIT: As an added bonus this clip also features Will Smith. (Fresh Prince era, when he wasn't a scientologist!)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
gimpy openly admits bowser is bad, so attacking bowser wont really help...we have to attack other things he likes...and Brawl Bowser. Also capitalize the F in his name.

Hey gimpyFish, cola flavored soda-pop sucks!

dan smith

Smash Champion
gimpy openly admits bowser is bad, so attacking bowser wont really help...we have to attack other things he likes...and Brawl Bowser. Also capitalize the F in his name.

Hey gimpyFish, cola flavored soda-pop sucks!
Notice that the last gif I posted was Brawl Bowser.

ch_checkmeout

Smash Apprentice
When you admit your character sucks, that's one thing. But being able to counter those sucky points and come out as one of the few Bowser players out there, that's totally different.

Let's face it - All character's suck in one way or another.

Except for Roy, he's perfect.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
alright ness users let's just get on the same page on this

we can all agree that roy is totally worthless, is really boring, and really has no redeeming factors at all.

he was an advertisement for goodness sake

Levitas

the moon
Nah, I've got gimpy's back on that. As a matter of fact, Ness's forward smash on roy is a better edgeguard than Roy's on Ness. Take that, roy.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
alright ness users let's just get on the same page on this

we can all agree that roy is totally worthless, is really boring, and really has no redeeming factors at all.

he was an advertisement for goodness sake
But... Fire! (Dooh, arrowhead said it first, bears repeating however)

Erm, he's actually got a few rather nasty tricks up his sleeve however, not enough to take him off bottom tier, but... some.

Remember, boring from YOUR perspective perhaps, but there are others who rather enjoy his playstyle.

Face it, they'll never be a time everyone will ever be on the same page about anything.

general p2k

Smash Rookie
are you guys seriously arguing that roy is better than ness because he has fire? if so...then ness has a yoyo anyway so ness is still better =]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This thread is win. But the new avatars confuse me.

Hey GimpyFish, what happened to Brawl Talk?

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Just look at mewtwo, he has amazing godlike animations... but is outdone by ness and roy. So I can see that ness is better than roy. It's what the attack does that counts, not what it looks like.

Levitas

the moon
Once again, I contest that Ness looks cooler AND is better. Just like the fire and yoyo thing. Roy simply has no redeeming factors at all. lol.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
kerBUMP:

Roy has worse jumps than Ness, and his spike is near impossible to land.

Ness has great jumping, a (worse?) recovery that can get you back if you know what you're doing,
and a great spike.

Top Bottom