• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimping Snake

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
I was playing a snake the other day and he was using his up+b (cypher) and i hit the cypher with a pikmin and he fell to his death.
Now i havent played alot of snakes...i assume if you throw a pikmin on snake when he's doing his up+b then it would just stick to him and not interupt his up+b. This is differnt.
i hit the actual cypher and he plumeted to his death (with a pikmin if i recall correctly).

I am unable to test this further at this time. but if anyone elses knows anything else please post here.

If this is already known please disregard (dont want everyone to FREAK out just because someone posted something that might or might not be known.)

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Really? I've never heard of this phenomenon. So, what exactly happens when you latch a Pikmin onto the cypher? Does Snake just let go of the cypher or something? A video would be appreciated.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
Well, this happened earlyer today, if i recall correctly the cypher dissapeard. I have no vido and no means of making one, but i might be able to test it tomorrow online. Is there any way to upload wii replays? (in the wii format)

wanted to post this before i forgot about it, i know i nearly forgot to post it already.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
People already know about grabbing the cypher to kill Snake, but this sound different, this throwing a pikmin on the cypher... Maybe throwing a pikmin on something is considered a grab, so the pikmin grabs his cypher away? This is interesting.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
The cypher disappeared? That's really strange...I've never seen that happen before.

You could save a replay, then get a camera and record the footage, then upload it onto YouTube. You can't directly upload a video from the in-game replay save feature. When you save a replay, the file is actually the entire move set of the match. When you watch the replay, it takes the information and re-creates the fight, except you don't have to press anything because the moves are already programmed into the match.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
ok i did some testing, kind of hard with just one person. When snake is no longer holding on to the cypher hitting it with anything will kill it, and running into it with a character will kill it (make it dissapear) i tried hitting the cypher while snake was grabbed on, but its hard to tell if he let go and then you hit it, or if it was hit when he was holding it. What might have happened is i threw a pikmin and it hit the cypher just after he let go, making the cypher dissapear. i tried knocking snake out of his up+b with the pikmin tether and it did not work, it seems he's pretty tough to knock out of his up+b if your aiming for snake, i havent tested purple pikmin yet (on the cypher or snake) and im not sure if after killing the cypher if he can use it again or not (like the grab cypher trick). if anyone wants to help me test this out more online my aim name is TruthTaco

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
If your talking about hitting the thing that allows snake to get back on the stage, then yea if you hit it, it disrupts the Up-b, but they can do it again since you attacked them out of it, but in this case, if you have the chance of punishing them if they're too close to the stage, then go for a spike... they wont recover XD.

Top Bottom