• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimmicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I genuinely despise some gimmicks. Many of them are either just 100% harmful to the user or is a huge advantage. Inkling is already pretty frustrating to fight because of their ambiguous ground animations, but Ink just makes me groan whenever I fight them. It makes even basic up-throw up air combos do over 30% which is, I feel, simply way to much reward for simply playing the game. It does take ink attacks for Ink to work, but when a large part of their moveset revolves around ink, the opposing player is taking much more damage than they really should be (1.5x damage multiplier).

A bat within and foresight...Must I explain why this is so frustrating to fight?

Auto turnaround makes cross ups and ledge roll essentially useless, which is absolutely ridiculous. It just means that you have to worry about positioning ad the opponent a lot more, and the person with the auto turnaround has to think less.

MP is only a thing because menu exists. It greatly limits hero in every situation, being purely harmful to him.

If a gimmick wasnt mentioned its because I am fine with their design.

RoccoSN1PER

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1556-6446-0700
they make the characters unique, characters don't really stand out if they didn't have a gimmick and adds some flavor from there home series, I can get why its frustrating tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom