• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimme some Drills

Pgud

Smash Rookie
I've been wasting pretty much all my time on this character for months now, here's what I usually practice:

)Handoffs, obviously. Practice getting 0-deaths on every relevant character

)Platform-to-platform shenanigans. learn what percents usually work with which characters (these are DI dependent but they're hype as ****)

)Shield drop neutral B in either direction, it pops you back onto the platform and shoots the ice block if done fast enough. Also practice shield drop aerials for learning l canceling and ****, but doing the neutral b's helps you be more precise

)autocanceled u-airs, best option in neutral 90% of the time.

)Sopo combos & tech chases, learning to react to either go for b-air regrab or u-smash after d-throw on floaties is helpful, and of course you have u-throw combos & tech chases on fast fallers. random DI bots are useful here. (pivot f-smash>nanapult is the easiest way to quickly get rid of nana, but if you're a real G you can dash dance blizzard at the edge and walk off to kill her. i end up SD'ing like a third of the time when I do this though so i stick with the pivot.)

)Actual combos. IC's can go crazy with the desyncs, you should be doing d-throw u-smash and d-throw n-air/u-air into **** at low-mid percents if they're good at mashing

)Wavelands and ledgedashes, plus ledge stalls.

Also, **** around with the timing for a little and you should be able to hit x or y on the frame of your dash dance to make nana jump alone. It's super fast and if they don't see it coming you can stuff approaches really well. This one is pretty hard to get consistently but it's just so nice

btw good **** for tearing up Montreal, you wobbled'em good

Nametaken121

Smash Rookie
Most of the time I don't practice alone, but when I do its mostly practicing desyncs.

Turn Around Desync dash-attack with Nana, Nana pults, d-throw d-air grab combos. desync blizzard wavedash/ fsmash, jab desync side-b f-smash retreat.

sadfaps

Smash Cadet
I got this from the R&D group on facebook

Version 4.05

1. Tech chase: Fox (5 mins) Falco (5 mins)

2. Chaingrab Sheik: dash jc grab DI away, dash pivot grab druggedfox DI (10 mins)

3. Tech chase (5 mins) chaingrab (5 mins) Falcon

4. Alternating fast and slow movement (10 mins)

5. Fast actions out of wavedash jab, jab/tilt desync (5 mins)

6. Dash pivot grab-> Nana blizzard/dsmash/grab (3 mins)

7. Wavedash pivot dsmash or whatever its called when u get them to dsmash in different directions to hit thru long spotdodges (2 mins)

8. Alternating standing/jumping projectile walls+Nanapults (3 mins)

9. AC/SHFFL uair spacing (2 mins)

10. Alternate AC and SHFFL bairs (3 mins)

11. Alternate ledgestalling and ledgedash (10 mins)

12. Sliphog to beat various spacie recovery options (5 mins)

13. Instant uair + bair from ledge (2 mins)

14. JC grab Nana charge dsmash Popo grab ledge (5 mins)

15. UpB oos Nana to ledge + Popo do something on stages with platforms (2 mins)
    Perfect desync bairs (3 mins)

16. Avoid CPU Fox without using attacks on Dream Land (5 mins) as Fox (5 mins)

17. Kill Nana and attack shields safely on Yoshi’s Story with Fox (10 mins) Sheik (10 mins) Peach (10 mins)

18. Super moonwalk across FD (5 mins)

19. Other solo climber chaingrabs: Pikachu (2 mins) Roy (1 min) Ganon (2 mins)

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Wonderful R&D suggestions, thank you. I try to rotate through that list and not play more than 25 minutes a day, except for tournaments or meet-ups.

Top Bottom