• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giga Bowser?

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
Giga Bowser seems to play exactly like the old bowser from brawl. That's... weird?

Shök

Smash Champion
We've been discussing it here and there. Haha.

It might be that Sakurai was just being lazy.

It might also be that Sakurai wanted to retain Giga Bowser's unorthodox/berserk move-set since the new Bowser seems to have more humanized/athletic moves.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
On the one hand, I guess Giga Bowser dropkicking someone would look a little silly.

But on the other hand, it would be ****ING AWESOME SAKURAI WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT WHYYYYY

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I agree. I wanna see Giga Bowser drop kick... but I also don't wanna see Giga Bowser drop kick.

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
Lazily jumping at the opportunity of resurrecting a topic so as not to have to create a new one:
What IS the gameplan after cracking a smash ball as Bowser? All my instincts are useless as giga Bowser after growing accustomed to Smash 4 Bowser and I end up using up all my transformed time with laggy non-cancelling SH aerials and getting no kills.

This isn't terribly important from a competitive standpoint, but darnit I want my friends to fear me even MORE as Giga than they already do as Bowser.

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
I found some beta footage of Giga Bowser with Bowser's current moveset. Man Sakurai really missed a golden opprotunity

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Giga Bowser is a lousy FS. With wonky physics. Highest jump. But bowser bomb goes nowhere.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Lazily jumping at the opportunity of resurrecting a topic so as not to have to create a new one:
What IS the gameplan after cracking a smash ball as Bowser? All my instincts are useless as giga Bowser after growing accustomed to Smash 4 Bowser and I end up using up all my transformed time with laggy non-cancelling SH aerials and getting no kills.

This isn't terribly important from a competitive standpoint, but darnit I want my friends to fear me even MORE as Giga than they already do as Bowser.
Just spam DTilt, FTilt, UTilt, and standard dash grab. FThrow is our strongest throw in this form, with more KB than Klaw. The range on DTilt, FTilt, and UTilt will most likely mean a KO despite less KB than USmash or FSmash. If people try to fight you, DSmash will chain into UTilt and you can typically finish them off from there.

Top Bottom