• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gif onto a still image?

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to combine a Gif image to a still image? I have Gimp and Photoscape but I normally don't mess around with Gifs so I don't know much about them. All of my attempts to merge my gif to my background fails because each frame of the gif is copied instead of the whole animation. Kind of like adding a render to a background but an animation instead of the render.

Help? :confused:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to combine a Gif image to a still image? I have Gimp and Photoscape but I normally don't mess around with Gifs so I don't know much about them. All of my attempts to merge my gif to my background fails because each frame of the gif is copied instead of the whole animation. Kind of like adding a render to a background but an animation instead of the render.

Help? :confused:
Like my sig?

My collection of sig gifs:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=44637

picque999

Smash Rookie
Image optimization for websites is best with JPG and PNG, for animated images, GIF is right one as it is supported by all browsers. GIF image file format supports two types of images, one is a normal still image (which is not recommended to be used for a blog) and other one is an animated image file. Animated images provide a great functionality / add more value to any content you write.

Animated GIFs are used on websites to grab the attention of user towards the object to make them click on that. They are better than flash animations for reasons that they are comparatively easy to make, occupy less space and easy to use on webpages.

Such anims are nothing but a set of image frames which are set to repeat at a certain fixed interval. If you want to split animated gif image file into its frames / individual files, there are many software utilities available for free, but here are the ways to accomplish the same online without any softwares.
=========
Property Developers
free auto insurance quotes

DRD

Smash Lord
I've made signatures like these before; do you mean like these?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with GIMP. If you have access to Imageready I might be able to help you out

And I've never even heard of Photoscape, hm

thats just how out of touch I am

Top Bottom